Apps My Genre Radio

marklemac

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2003
Southampton, UK.
F43RWTTWHLY6 redeemed, however it doesn't show the app in the UK store. :(

Edit, it's now showing and have downloaded :)

Last edited:

Mormith

macrumors newbie
Mar 25, 2012
Hi,

I got one of your promo codes and tried the app, thanx. It has a nice simple/clean interface which is good and it works well, but I have some suggestions/requests.

1. Metadata. If it's possible, could you arrange it so that the metadata for the music is displayed. I love Cinemix and I know they have song titles and movie art to go with their music. Not sure if all stations have metadata though???

2. Keep the last selected station playing when browsing other stations/genres. Maybe have the play/pause button control the music at all times instead of cutting off the music the moment you go up a level to look at different stations/genres.

3. Does the app remember or bookmark your last played station? In my testing it remembered the genre but not the station. That might be a nice feature.

fitshaced

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2011
Very impressed with your app. I didn't have to use a code as it's free in the Australian App Store. Did you give all us Aussies a free gift?

dra

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 1, 2011
Sydney, Australia
Hi,

I got one of your promo codes and tried the app, thanx. It has a nice simple/clean interface which is good and it works well, but I have some suggestions/requests.

1. Metadata. If it's possible, could you arrange it so that the metadata for the music is displayed. I love Cinemix and I know they have song titles and movie art to go with their music. Not sure if all stations have metadata though???

2. Keep the last selected station playing when browsing other stations/genres. Maybe have the play/pause button control the music at all times instead of cutting off the music the moment you go up a level to look at different stations/genres.

3. Does the app remember or bookmark your last played station? In my testing it remembered the genre but not the station. That might be a nice feature.

Yes working on a new univeral update with alot more features incuding metadata :) options 2 and 3 i like will work on them for the next update after this thank you.

JoeShades

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2010
Williamstown, NJ
sure it does, Plex can with music i Believe and There is another App, receiver radio that i bought but not thrilled with the interface, That allows to leave the app while it still plays

Mormith

macrumors newbie
Mar 25, 2012
Hi,

I've been using your app and have another suggestion/request. I also like to listen to the "ambient" genre of internet music. Perhaps you could add that genre with the "SomaFM" stations and some of the nature and sounds of nature ones. Just an idea.

P.S. It would also be nice to be able to bookmark or save stations somehow.

dra

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 1, 2011
Sydney, Australia
Hi,

I've been using your app and have another suggestion/request. I also like to listen to the "ambient" genre of internet music. Perhaps you could add that genre with the "SomaFM" stations and some of the nature and sounds of nature ones. Just an idea.

P.S. It would also be nice to be able to bookmark or save stations somehow.

Yes we have that request in this update , bookmark in the next update. :) Thanks for your feedback

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.