My gf just switched to Atnt and got Iphone4. Facetime question????

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bababoey14, Aug 6, 2010.

1. bababoey14 macrumors regular

Now when we facetime it lists a totally different number for her....but she has kept her previous Sprint number and it works fine with non-facetime calls. Why would this weird # show up only with facetime??????

2. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

Settings-phone. What number shows up on Facetime there? Also I think its changeable.

3. bababoey14 thread starter macrumors regular

Hmmm but why would she have this totally different number there??? Should she just go ahead and type in her real number???

4. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

I've never tried that, but it should work.

5. DiamondGCoupe macrumors 6502

If she just got the phone today or within the last 48hrs, the number may not be ported over just yet. I have never had issues with ATT but for some reason my iPhone sent texts to a random person using Sprint when I text my ex-gf a few months back (only happened once and it was one text). Willing to bet it is just a network error. Restart both phones and maybe remove/re-insert the SIM card.

6. koilvr macrumors 6502

koilvr

7. Eldiablojoe macrumors 6502a

Eldiablojoe

It's her other boyfriend's phone number.

8. adster macrumors regular

When yo port a number from Sprint to AT&T, AT&T gives you a brand new (temporary) phone number in order to get the account setup. When the port completes, your old number should start working on the new iPhone.

I believe she can change the "My Phone number:" section on the phone. You can speak to 611 or AppleCare to be 100% sure but thats the reason theres a different number there.

9. Peaugh macrumors regular

My wife just got an iphone 4 and we ported both of our old numbers over. I had the same issue. my phone was using my new ported number, but Facetime was still listing the number I'd been using on the phone for a month. Here's the fix:

Go into settings>phone and turn facetime off.

Turn Phone off, then back on.

go back into settings>phone and turn facetime back on. It'll take a second to activate and it should then be using the proper number.

10. applekiwipeach macrumors member

This.
    I had the same problem and this was the solution exactly.