My good old 2007 15" penryn macbook pro doesn't sleep

ijha

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 20, 2009
Yes, I know it is an old model and was a quite trouble-maker for Apple because of its notorious graphic card failure. But, it is still working robust on good old Snow Leopard.

The problem started in a usual way a year ago. The graphic card failed and they replaced the logic board. The graphic is ok now but it never goes to sleep regardless of the settings. I can only make it sleep manually. I think the problem is caused by the replacement of logic board somehow.

I wonder if this problem is ever repairable at Apple Store. My Apple Care warranty is done way ago. So, if i took this old machine to the store, am I be charged for the service? or Am I still eligible for the free service since it is somehow related to the logic board they replaced?

I can live with the problem of course. But, sometime you wonder why I have to suffer from these tiny problems that they caused.

Any helpful comments are appreciated.
Best,

Last edited:

ijha

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 20, 2009
Thanks for the reply. The problem bugged me so much I tried everything virtually. I mean, I tried not to use anything that prevents the computer from sleeping. So far no luck. That's why I concluded that the problem must be the logic board.

Comment

icrude

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2006
try erasing everything in the launch daemons and launchagents folders in macintosh hd - library. Let me know if that works!

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.