My good old 2007 15" penryn macbook pro doesn't sleep

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ijha, May 24, 2012.

1. ijha, May 24, 2012
    Last edited: May 24, 2012

ijha macrumors regular

ijha

Yes, I know it is an old model and was a quite trouble-maker for Apple because of its notorious graphic card failure. But, it is still working robust on good old Snow Leopard.

The problem started in a usual way a year ago. The graphic card failed and they replaced the logic board. The graphic is ok now but it never goes to sleep regardless of the settings. I can only make it sleep manually. I think the problem is caused by the replacement of logic board somehow.

I wonder if this problem is ever repairable at Apple Store. My Apple Care warranty is done way ago. So, if i took this old machine to the store, am I be charged for the service? or Am I still eligible for the free service since it is somehow related to the logic board they replaced?

I can live with the problem of course. But, sometime you wonder why I have to suffer from these tiny problems that they caused.

Any helpful comments are appreciated.
    Best,

2. ijha thread starter macrumors regular

ijha

Thanks for the reply. The problem bugged me so much I tried everything virtually. I mean, I tried not to use anything that prevents the computer from sleeping. So far no luck. That's why I concluded that the problem must be the logic board.

3. icrude macrumors regular

try erasing everything in the launch daemons and launchagents folders in macintosh hd - library. Let me know if that works!