My grafik card?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by sunshine2003, Aug 14, 2009.

1. sunshine2003 macrumors newbie

Hey , iam new to this mac stuff , and i wanna know what the name of my grafk card is , so i can download the lates update to it :) ...

The only thing i can find out is the name is intel graphics media accelerator driver for mobile but no number or anything so i dont know what updates to download for it ...

I got a little white macbook , dont know the specific name of it :S. ...

Hope u can help me :) ..

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Your graphics drivers are included in Mac OS X and are updated with rest of the operating system. You don't need to do anything manually.

3. MacManiac76 macrumors 65816

MacManiac76

You either have the GMA 950 or GMA 3100 integrated graphics card in your MacBook if it's an Intel graphics accelerator. Drivers are provided by Apple and will show up in the Software Update utility if anything new is available. Also sometimes driver updates are included with OS X point updates (i.e. the OS X 10.5.8 update) or through other minor updates provided by Apple.

4. sunshine2003 thread starter macrumors newbie

The thing is , i was veri new to the mac thing , so when i got it , i deletet all with my windows cd , so now i have windows xp on it , on not by bootcamp :( ...

And i cant get i back to mac os .. so i dont think my grafik card is up to date:(

5. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Do you want Mac OS X back, or would you rather stick with Windows?

6. MacManiac76 macrumors 65816

MacManiac76

Well if you want OS X back on the MacBook you will most likely have to erase Windows off of it in the process. The drive will need to be reformatted as the Mac OS Extended file system, which Windows does not have. Do you still have the Mac OS X install/restore discs?

7. chan2004 macrumors regular

what did you mean by deleted all???? even MAC OS:confused:
    and how does this relate with graphics card

8. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

If the only remaining OS is Windows, graphics drivers will have to be updated the Windows way.

9. sunshine2003 thread starter macrumors newbie

i would like to have mac os back , the only cd i got is mac os leopard disk ...

But i have been told the only way i could get mac os back , is to copy some1 harddisk from another mac , is this not true?

10. i.shaun macrumors 6502a

i.shaun

there should be 2 OS X install DVDs that are grey

They can re-install OS X, along with all the drivers and everything. It will format it and you will lose windows, and everything you have in windows right now.

do not try to install with just 1 install DVD, it will ask for the other

11. sunshine2003 thread starter macrumors newbie

What u mean with 2 ?

Should there be 2 disc in the case?

12. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Not true. If you don't install iLife, the installer won't ask for disk 2.

The disks should look something like this:

Attached Files:

13. sunshine2003 thread starter macrumors newbie

14. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Just the first, but it's better if you have the second disk as well since you'll probably want to reinstall iLife.

15. sunshine2003 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok , so i got the install disk now , but instead of 2 cd¨s its on 1 dual layer dvd ...

But how do i run it ? ... Windows says it cant run that format :confused:

16. LTX macrumors regular

LTX

If you don't care about anything that's on your Windows install (files and such), follow these steps:

1. Put the install DVD in the drive and shut down the Macbook.
    2. Turn it on and immediately hold the "C" key down until you hear the DVD drive making noise AND the Apple logo is on the screen with a spinning icon.

[​IMG]

3. Once it loads, choose your installation language, then go to Utilities --> Disk Utility.

------ THE FOLLOWING WILL ERASE EVERYTHING ON THE DRIVE! ------

4. On the left side of the window, you should see something like 149.1 GB FUJITSU for whatever size hard drive you have. Under that should be the name of the Windows partition (maybe Untitled or Windows). Click the name of the drive (149.1 GB FUJITSU), click the Partition tab on the right, and change Volume Scheme to 1 Partition. Click Options and make sure that GUID Partition Table is selected. Click OK then Apply.

5. When that's done, click the partition name on the left and make sure it says "Format: Mac OS Extended (Journaled)" on the bottom. If not, go to step 6. If yes, go to step 7.

6. Click the Erase tab. Choose the format Mac OS Extended (Journaled) from the Volume Format list. Type a name for the partition (most people have it as Macintosh HD). Click Erase and wait for it to finish.

7. Click Disk Utility (at the top) and click Quit. Follow the steps in the installer to install Mac OS X.

17. sunshine2003 thread starter macrumors newbie

OKay , thx alot for u help :) ...

But when its installed , then i can istall windows using boot camp ? .. I then choose what the computer should start up with ?

Either windows or mac os ?

18. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

That is correct ...

19. LTX macrumors regular

LTX

Yes, and you would hold the Alt/Option key on startup to boot from the secondary OS.

20. sunshine2003 thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay , so now mac os x is installed on my com , thx to ur help ;)

So i tried to install windows xp , using bootcamp ..

The installlation i starting fine , but when it restarts its says they was on error on the disk , please restart .... I chose the "boot camp " partition to windows to get installed on ...

What iam doing wrong?

21. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Will it still boot to OS X?

22. sunshine2003 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes , when i take out the windows cd , it just start mac os

23. sunshine2003 thread starter macrumors newbie

24. Sambo110 macrumors 68000

Did you hold down alt/option while it was starting up and chose the Windows partition? And why do you need Windows, may I ask? There might be an equivalent on Mac OS X, unless it's for games.

25. donuttakedonuts macrumors regular

Maybe he just wants a superior crash interface, as well as fast crashes more often. He also wants more viruses and an inferior Micro$oft GUI.