iPad mini My gripe with the mini

Discussion in 'iPad' started by sy0296, Nov 2, 2012.

1. sy0296, Nov 2, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2012

sy0296 macrumors newbie

Surprisingly the screen doesn't bother me as much as many others have commented. Granted I'd love to have more pixels but for what I need it's fine. (Coming from a ipad2 but currently using MBP retina and iPhone5)

What irks me is the slightly sluggish speeds especially now that I'm used to the speedy iphone5. Apps launch fine but its when trying to do stuff in the apps. I just feel there's a delay for certain tasks.

Anyone else feel this?

Other than this, I'm loving it!

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I was at the mall today and decided to visit the Apple Store to test out the iPad mini and the first thing decided to do was play a video from the video.app, it was an episode of The Big Bang Theory in HD and immediately I noticed how the video frame rate was very slow.

I double clicked the Home button and noticed a lot of apps in the multitask tray, so I closed all of the apps and returned to the video and all seemed to be playing fine.

I had the iPad 2 and never had any videos begin to have slow frame rate, even with a lot of apps in the multitask tray, so that was a bit of concern but I will have to wait to see when I get my iPad mini soon.

3. MisterDisney macrumors 6502a

I really noticed it at first, but I'm completely used to it now. The only problem is when I use my wife's iPad 3 and then immediately go back to the mini...

4. widestload macrumors regular

widestload

I guess it's what you're used to and so have to compare it with. The iPhone 5 does seem noticeably quicker than my 4s when I tried it in the store, but as I don't have that speed all the time and I'm just used to the 4s, then if anything the mini feels ever so slightly quicker if anything. The thing I notice is the screen. It's very bright and the colours are punchy, but its just ever so slightly pixely in certain situations (like the text whilst typing this message). That said I still love the mini overall :D