My guess at the next event

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bwfc0907, Feb 20, 2012.

1. bwfc0907 macrumors regular

I reckon it'll mainly be about 1080p. They will release a new appleTV and iPad and both will play 1080p. I reckon they will announce iTunes doing 1080p movies for the first time.
    They like themes at these events.

2. WLS macrumors 65816

You know because of the latest rumor that the iPhone event will now be in October, I'm just wondering where the ipod event will go. Maybe it will fill out the iPad show. One can only hope..

3. maclook macrumors 65816

Ha, iPod event. I think they're over that. iPods didn't get any love this year. I'll bet iPods will be quietly released/updated through their website from now on.

4. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

This. If they didn't have an event for Mountain Lion, they aren't going to dedicate an event for iPods. They will probably be mentioned here and there, but nothing substantial going forward.

5. maclook macrumors 65816

John Gruber over at Daring Fireball wrote a post about how Phil Shiller gave him a 1 on 1 keynote using an iMac for Mountain Lion. Phil did this personal keynote with many more journalists and explained how Apple is starting to do things differently. The big keynotes are going to reserved for major announcements like the textbooks, iPad, iPhone, and anything monumental that they have in store. Definitely a great read and an inside look.

Back on topic, 1080p seems like a reasonable guess as a Retina Display would demand higher quality content but I doubt they'll make banners and name their event hailing 1080p.

With all the purported upgrades to the iPad this year, I honestly can only think of "it changes everything...again" as the best headline :D

6. M87 macrumors 65816

1080p is nice and everything, but I don't see that being their selling point. 1080p is pretty standard and unexciting by now to most people I would think. It almost sounds dated with 4k on the horizon.