My hand feels fuzzy from magsafe power...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by declanjh, Feb 25, 2008.

1. declanjh macrumors newbie

I don't know what the title for this should be.

Basically, i'm from Ireland and have brought my 17"MBP to Slovenia with me for 4 months. I'm powering it normally through a standard european adapter and its charging fine. Here's the problem,

when i rest my left hand over the left speaker, which i usually do, and the magsafe is plugged in, my hand gets all....fuzzy...like i've been sitting on it and i've got pins and needles. this doesn't happen when i'm running off the battery or on the right hand side.

My completely unproffessional guess is that therre's to much power coming in and it's .....making my hand....fuzzy???

HELP.
    (it's fuzzy right now and hard to type!):eek:

2. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

Me id say dont use it & if poss find a alternative

3. cRuNcHiE macrumors 6502a

Sounds like an earthing problem and the fuzziness is current passing into you.

If you slowly drag your finger over that area does it feel like there is friction stopping your finger from moving smoothly?

then when you unplug the power the friction goes?

4. bking1000 macrumors 6502a

You are feeling current in your hand. I am not sure of the volt/amp mix in Slovenia, but I would think if it's more than what your power cable is capable of handling, that the mag safe adapter would blow. So, I don't think it's a question of "too much" but not grounded.

Make that situation go away, because that's dangerous. If you complete a circuit with your other hand, and if there's enough current, you could be in trouble if enough current passes up one arm through your heart and out your other arm (commonly known as being electrocuted). It sounds like you aren't used to working with electricity, so get some professional help to isolate and correct the issue.

5. willpowerx89 macrumors newbie

willpowerx89

Dont worry

sometimes i get feeling too, whether im on my macbook or playing a gameboy, you're just putting pressure on a nerve in your hand.

Or maybe your shocking yourself and now your balls dont work.

6. Macstrosity macrumors newbie

Macstrosity

Balls

I'm gonna go with non-functional balls...it makes the most sense.

7. MacBookJoePro macrumors regular

haha. That's all bad. Talking about how MBP kills your balls from too much heat, now it'll just fry your balls off. LOL. Definately get that checked out(your MBP, :)) hehe. There shouldn't be any fuzzy-ness feelings when using you laptop. You could be putting your laptop in risk of frying (not to mention your life) if your charger is grounding through the laptop. I'm sure the voltage where you are is a lot higher than what it is here in the US.

-JoE