My Happy ending, after much frustration.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Lou G., Jun 5, 2011.

1. Lou G. macrumors newbie

I purchased my first Mac ever a few months ago. It was a used 2010 MBP 15. It had issues of some kind. It would randomly shut off, like in the sleep mode, but it would not come back on unless I held down the power button for a while, release it and press down again. This would happen in all kinds of activities, no pattern to it.

I brought it to an authorized repair shop and they replaced the Logic board under Apple Care. It still happened. I drove to the Apple store (75 miles) they replaced the logic board again and the hard drive, Apple Care again. It worked ok for about a month, it started again.

I drove back to the Apple Store again. First they said I had an after market memory and it would not be covered. Then the guy I was talking to went away and came back and told me, " heck we will just replace it."

So thanks to the mercy of the Apple Store I now have a new 2011 MBP i7 15 I just had to pay $200.00 to upgrade to 8 gigs (my choice).

Now I can get back to learning Mac. At 61 and not the brightest bulb, if you know what I mean :eek: . I am trying to do some video and audio recording.

Anyway like I said a very happy ending. Thank you Apple and Apple Care!

2. bozz2006 macrumors 68030

bozz2006

Excellent! Manufacturing problems are there within every product line. They're just extra frustrating when they happen to a shiny, new, long-coveted Mac! Glad you're back up and running. And when you have tech questions, you know where to come for good answers from (mostly) good folks! ;-)

3. Macsavvytech macrumors 6502a

Macsavvytech

Wonder why he thought this? RAM is user replaceable.

Anyway carrying on!

After three repairs on one problem you can demand a replacement. Seems they really had no idea what was going on so just gave you a new computer.
    My old 2010MBP had a SSD problem took it in they fixed it but dropped it in shipping so i got a new one :) happened right when the 2011 MBPs were released and I was intending to sell up and buy new anyway lol. Anyway I feel your happiness enjoy video and audio recording.
    One last thing! Never ever put yourself down, its when you can open your mind and be passionate and enthusiastic that you really get things done.

4. Lou G. thread starter macrumors newbie

5. Lou G. thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks

Glad to hear about your happy ending.

6. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

good deal man, glad it worked out for you and you got a nice new computer. :]

7. Lou G. thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks , It is sweet. and fast.

8. bcburrows macrumors 6502

bcburrows

Maybe it is just me but I guess I thought this was going in another direction from your title........

9. crush500 macrumors member

That's the funniest thing I've read in a long while. Thank you for that.

10. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

We love you long time.

Best,

Steve

11. iStudentUK macrumors 65816

iStudentUK

Damn straight. Disappointing thread is disappointing. ;)

12. Macsavvytech macrumors 6502a

Macsavvytech

Damn Steve are you making money off interest off unspent money by you?

13. Lou G. thread starter macrumors newbie

You were thinking of a Rolling Stones song?:D