Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jcschlic

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 13, 2009
I own the Harmony 670 universal remote and a 160gb Apple TV.

In the past, using the remote on the Apple TV worked great.

Then for a while I put the remote aside because I got a new TV and decided to use separate remotes for a while. (the TV remote and the Apple TV remote)

Recently, I decided to bring the Harmony back to use, updating it via the software to work with my new TV.

Now, my Apple TV is an utter mess.

The Harmony software sped up the click settings. (one directional click will actually click more than once, or three times, or four, or even if you just click once it'll scroll all the way to the bottom of the list)

So the Harmony software has an adjustable setting for this type of issue. I adjusted it appropriately within the software, with no luck. Then, tried other adjustments with no luck.

The software tells you important information about the device controls, that if it doesn't seem to work right at first, you must push "Unpair" on the remote and this will fix all your problems. This did not work.

Then I would try to use the original Apple TV remote just to be able to navigate through the interface, and the SAME issue mentioned above is still happening! With the Apple TV remote! It's as if the IR sensor within the Apple TV has been re-programmed or damaged from the use of my Harmony.

So, several attempts to Factory Restore the Apple TV have been successful, but the IR problem is still there, even using the original remotes. RRHH

Also, I have removed the Apple TV from my Harmony software devices all in all in order to eliminate "cross talk" or any other funky signals it may be sending to my Apple TV...........but even after I removed it from the devices list my Apple TV is still having the same problems even after using the original remote and resetting to factory settings!!!!!!

I think the Apple TV may be permanently screwed up, not sure.

Any help?

jcschlic

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 13, 2009
Well to chime in to my own posting, I've read around the internet that other people are experiencing similar issues ever since the 2.3 update. Until 2.4 is released, I don't see any ways around the discussed issues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.