My Haswell 15" rMBP has no issues. Should I return it?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by johnnylarue, Nov 9, 2013.

1. johnnylarue macrumors 6502a

Sorry for the sarcastic subject line. :D

In truth, I'm very pleased with my new BTO 2.6/16/512 friend.

I've done the obligatory display tests. No dead pixels, IR, or yellow blotches. I do find the display to be a touch on the warm side, but I like that and I'll be calibrating it later in any case. Backlighting is uniform--no obvious hot spots or anything.

Physically, the fit and finish on this thing are flawless. No creaking, nice stiff hinge... it's as perfect as I could have reasonably expected.

Lag? The only place I've noticed is when swiping between tabs (iPad-style) in Safari. The animation gets a bit rough. Otherwise, no lag to speak of.

Anyway, just wanted to post this to reassure folks that not *every* machine that's coming off the assembly line these days is a lemon. (My heart goes out to everyone who's had the opposite experience.)

2. Quu macrumors 68020

Quu

Thanks for posting it is good to see there are good ones out there for those of us going through 2-3 replacements.

3. johnnylarue thread starter macrumors 6502a

I thought of you specifically when posting this, Quu. Both you and that fellow who had the hairline crack in his otherwise perfect 13" have had a pretty lousy run of luck. Here's hoping your next one's a keeper!

4. Seddis macrumors newbie

Glad you got a good one. After returning a 15" because of a pretty bad screen, I bought a 13" (after re-thinking my needs). I was expecting to be disappointed by the screen, but it's really good. Uniformity is much better than my cinema display and is similar to my Macbook Air. The screen is a very big improvement over the 15" I received.

5. johnnylarue thread starter macrumors 6502a

It's annoying to think that such a high-priced computer is still subject to the panel lottery game, and yet, it is what it is.

The outrageous price does sting a lot less when you get a good one, though! ;)

6. pendragon1984 macrumors 6502

I've been through 3 bad screens so far. My current one also creaks.

7. Domdog31 macrumors regular

750M here - pretty flawless so far. My expectations aren't as high as high as some who need to use every single ounce of power out of it.

8. radiohead14 macrumors 6502a

haha.. that'd be me with the display issues.. well day 2 with my replacement, and i'm still pretty happy with this one. again, not gonna say it's perfect, as that's how i've jinxed myself before, but so far so good! i love how the keyboard has the same feel as my old Air also. the ones that i've since replaced had shallower key travel.