My hijacked iPhone

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Mrsmith1971, Aug 22, 2010.

1. Mrsmith1971 macrumors newbie

I foolishly gave another online gamer my phones UDID not knowing he could use it to hijack my phones game accounts. Withbit he was able to change ID's, reset my games repeatedly, and even used my game account to purchase more game credits on iTunes. I had to cancel my bank card so he couldn't run it up. My question is how can you change or remove the existing udid from your iPhone? My phone is not jailbroke and I'm not going to. I know people buy used iPhones, how do they change the udid so the new owner can't access the original owners info? Can apple reset for me? Please help!

2. dZp macrumors 6502a

dZp

You can't change the UDID. You can fake it (per application), but not change it.

3. ohaithar macrumors 6502a

ohaithar

4. sjinsjca macrumors 68020

sjinsjca

Um... why?

5. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

I want to remodel my kitchen, can I have a credit card number ? :eek:

6. dZp macrumors 6502a

dZp

I'm not doing my kitchen until next year, so you can use mine. Just go easy on it!

Attached Files:

7. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

:p

8. iViet macrumors member

what the heck is a UDID?? i don't like giving out my phone number to strangers, let alone numbers i know nothing about!!!

9. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

I Googled iPhone UDID

10. labman macrumors 604

labman

How the heck does that even come up? Lets see your playing WOW and as your killing witches and trolls. the guy says says hey man what's your UDID on your phone. Then you sau hold on a minute man. Then you give to him? thaty is a WOW. you guys give out info way to easy. would you like me to forward you my letters from Nigeria I got Millions sitting here. $200,000 paypal there all yours act quick though.

11. Set845 macrumors regular

So if I restore my iPhone to factory and sell it is my iTunes store account safe?

12. 11colmil macrumors member

11colmil

Wow... how the hell do you do that? Hey, while your at it, give us the information to you bank account and your social security. How did you even find it if you obviously didn't know what it was? Isn't it fishy to be asked for a number like that outta the blue?

13. ckurt25 macrumors 6502a

ckurt25

Only reason I could think of is if the other person claimed he had a developer account and could get him betas of the iOS. As a developer, I can regsiter other devices but need the UDID from the other phones.