My Home button

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SL4VE, Jan 16, 2011.

1. SL4VE macrumors 6502

only lasts 2-3 months yet again my home button responds intermediately. basically my last iPhone last 3 months and this one 2 months its driving me nuts i wish there was an alternative this is really starting to piss me off as my local apple store is 30miles away and its inconvenient. Last time i got a damaged iPhone too and yet again had to drive back, fuel isn't cheap at the moment in the UK either....

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

3. SL4VE thread starter macrumors 6502

same place which is my local apple store. gonna have to go there tuesday again really bugs me. my mates reckon its due to multi-tasking as your using it a lot more and its happened to them also

4. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

I guess you use it 50% more due to the double tap.

5. SL4VE thread starter macrumors 6502

or possibly 75% more because before you didnt need to double tap for multitask and now you do plus the extra 1 tap for double tap LOL anyways i see there is a fix by replacing the ribbon for a more stronger fix. but has mine is under warrenty im not going to mess around

6. ciaran00 macrumors 6502

Would really recommend jailbreaking and installing Activator. It gives you ability for soft home button, like double tapping the status bar, or any other gesture.

7. SL4VE thread starter macrumors 6502

haha went to apple today and it never skipped a beat worked perfectly and the genius refused to exchange my phone. what can i say, like taking kids to a doc when they get there they act fine lol