My Home-made case...

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by zerostar, Apr 10, 2010.

1. zerostar macrumors regular

I went to the Apple store to get a case for my new iPad, looked at the cases and WOW they are crappy and expensive!

They just don't have what I need, and very few actually at all.

So for now I decided to make my own case, I had everything at home so I didn't spend 1¢ making this except maybe 1/2 hour of my time.

I can't sew all that well but for a decent looking case you should definitely have a sewing machine.
    The color is most true to the bottom picture, the inside lining is a "polo-style" tshirt material, a very soft and smooth one.
    The outside is almost like a Khaki pants material but more grey/green. It is double padded and has some stiff material in-between the padding.
    I actually used a piece of laminate floor hi-quality padding for that part.

Front
    [​IMG]

Back
    [​IMG]

Inside
    [​IMG]

I think I will wind up getting the Apple case once it is back in stock,
    but for now I can throw my iPad in this and in my carry-bag and not have to worry about scratches.

2. Repo macrumors 6502a

Repo

3. mickbab macrumors 65816

mickbab

4. zerostar thread starter macrumors regular

HAHAHA lets not go crazy, I made one fist but forgot to sew the sides (I am not a sewer at all, just hemming and the basics) so this one was made quicker and looks it!

But I may try to make another couple if I can get the right materials. Looking online for suggestions!

5. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

i think you did a very good job. The stuff you make should always make you feel good, and better than something you can buy. Anyways looks good!

6. zerostar thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you!