Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

iPod touch My I pod Touch just got wet... What now?

shakemup

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 4, 2010
Utah
So here it goes... I'm getting ready to take a shower when I decided I would like to listen to some music while I was at it. I went to get my dock so I could. While I was bringing my dock into the bathroom, my ipod slipped out of my hand and went right into the toilet!!!!!! I hurried and pulled it out and dried it off. To my surprise it still worked, but not like it should. Rather than being bright and luminous the screen was dull and dark. There are times when I am listening to music on it and it will randomly turn the volume down itself. Its like its sick or something. Any suggestions?

juanm

macrumors 68000
May 1, 2006
Fury 161
Turn it off. Open it. Place in bag with hair dryer (not too hot) blowing in it. Pray.

Oh, and get a new screen.

Comment

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Ventura County
Turn it off, put it in a bag of rice, leave it alone for a couple days

My brother washed his iPhone. Went through a 45 minute rinse cycle. Was completely dead. Put it away in a bag of rice for 48 hours, it was back to normal except for some water under the screen. Put it out in the sun for an hour and it was back to normal. No problems whatsoever. Lucky!

Comment

Derkatwork

macrumors 6502
Apr 8, 2010
Milwaukee
I don't want to be mean, but getting electronics wet gives you about a 90% chance that the system will no longer work without serious repairs. My advice is to buy a new unit.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.