Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brsboarder

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 16, 2004
Well recently, my ibook has been freezing, I just came back from a movie, and it wouldnt come out of sleep mode, i restarted, i was talking to someone on aim, and on the internet and the internet froze and I couldnt ctrl alt apple esc, whats wrong w/ my compute,r I havent installed anything new or anything like that, please help

Horrortaxi

macrumors 68020
Jul 6, 2003
Los Angeles
Let's try basic Mac Voodoo first. Repair your permissions in Disk Utility. If that doesn't do anything, or even just for the hell of it (it won't hurt anything) boot the Mac while holding command option P R and hold that until you hear the startup sound 4 times. Then switch and hold command option O F until a text screen tellls you to let go. Then type reset-nvram and hit enter. Then type reset-all and hit enter. The computer will reboot.

If that doesn't do anything for you we can go deeper, but that comnination of things fixes most of the strange behaviors a Mac might exhibit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.