My iBook's amazing battery.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
So I whipped the lil' iBook out at uni today, only to notice the strangest thing when I clicked on the little battery in the Menu Bar. I just thought I'd post this since we seem to be getting quite a few threads started asking how long the things last. Can anyone beat this?

Oh, and for the record, this was from a shut down and it was one of the first things I did upon logging in. :)

Attachments

kretzy

macrumors 604
Sep 11, 2004
Canberra, Australia
mad jew said:
So I whipped the lil' iBook out at uni today, only to notice the strangest thing when I clicked on the little battery in the Menu Bar. I just thought I'd post this since we seem to be getting quite a few threads started asking how long the things last. Can anyone beat this?

Oh, and for the record, this was from a shut down and it was one of the first things I did upon logging in. :)
hahaha.....i had the same thing happen on my PB the other day (surprisingly, considering the battery life ;) ) after i had woken it from sleep mode.

Comment

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
It's great, isn't it. A week and a half of solid use. :p

I thought this was a bit weird though, since it happened straight after starting her up. :confused:

Comment

Voidness

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2005
Null
mad jew said:

hehe, I always get this once my iBook wakes up from sleep. I think i've seen it reach 500 hours or something :D

Comment

persianpunisher

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2005
I CAN beat that, although at the time i didnt know how to take screen shots, and I still dont know how. I had it once at 330:16

Comment

bodeh6

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2005
The battery is very good. I get 4-5 hours and it is pure portable bliss. My bro and sis's Dell Inspiron 8600 and 5150 are each lucky to get 2 hours.

Comment

truz

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2006
Florida
I hope the new ibooks (macbooks) comes with good battery life (same as current ibooks or better).

Comment

Kreamy

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2005
4-5 hours is barely amazing considering the specs.

PeeCee companies offer 8 hour flavours now at much higher speeds, and they're pretty :D if only Apple would license OS X to Sony... *sigh*

Comment

StoneWolf

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2006
Kreamy said:
4-5 hours is barely amazing considering the specs.

PeeCee companies offer 8 hour flavours now at much higher speeds, and they're pretty :D if only Apple would license OS X to Sony... *sigh*
Very few PC companies offer that kind of battery life at a reasonable price though. To get that kind of battery you often have to go with a premium model from an expensive brand like Thinkpad or Sony. I think 4-5 hours is excellent for the price you pay for an iBook.

Comment

thegreatluke

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2005
Earth
When I crammed a car battery into my Mac Portable, I got a whopping four hours of battery life out of it!

It weighed less than the old battery too.

:D

Disclaimer: I never actually had a Mac Portable and I never actually crammed a car battery into said paperweight.

Comment