My iCloud/MobileMe/iTunesID Problem

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Monkey194545, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Monkey194545 macrumors member

Here's the latest:
    I haven't seen this particular case.
    1) I have a MobileMe account, I have a separate iTunes account.
    2) My wife and I share the iTunes account for app and music purchases (had that before my MM account).

My Solution:
    We will still use the iTunes account for app and music purchases. I will migrate MobileMe to iCloud and she will set up a new .me account for iCloud.
    This will give us 3 apple accounts but I don't think we will be losing any of the benefits of iCloud, or will we?

Any answers?:confused:

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

That will work just fine, but you and your wife will not be sharing calendars and address books that way though.

If you want to share calendars and contacts you can use your iCloud account as the main account and put in on both phones, but just turn off the email portion of iCloud in her phone. Then have her add her iCloud account to her phone and turn off everything EXCEPT email. This will allow you to share calendars and contacts but give her her own email.

3. Monkey194545 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the reply. Its probably better we don't share calenders and contacts. Between work/friends it would be too bloated for the both of us.

4. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Well, I like to share calendars with my wife but have 3 different calendars within it. One for me, one for her, and one shared.

So her work stuff is in hers, mine is in mine, and family stuff is on the shared calendar. All 3 are part of the same 'synced calendar,' though.

Then I turn hers off on my phone and just turn it on if I want to check it for a second when making plans that involve her. But I don't have to look at it all the time.

5. gtmac macrumors 6502a

My wife and I have the exact same setup.

6. Monkey194545 thread starter macrumors member

Thats good to hear. I think it gives the benefit of sharing apps and music as always but we each have our own iCloud accounts. I guess there are benefits to sharing accounts but I think individual ones are better suited for us.

Does anyone know if iTunes in iCloud will still work even if my (iTunes) Apple ID is different?