My Idea.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by chizzer2003, Nov 28, 2011.

1. chizzer2003 macrumors member

This is my idea for a next version of iOS. A feature which would be immeasurably useful would be a back and forward gesture in Safari. In my opinion, this should be implemented in a similar way to how it is in OSX Lion, where you swipe with two fingers (3 may be better for iPad) and it goes to the previous page. The real time animation which simulates as if you're dragging the page from above to reveal the previous one below which is in Lion would also be a great bonus! Reaching for the back button can seem tiresome and tedious if you use them often. It has greatly booosted my workflow/efficiency on the Mac. Any opinions?

2. soco macrumors 68030

soco

3. Ubuntu macrumors 68000

Ubuntu

You bastard. :D

4. The Great Boony macrumors regular

I have to agree, I'd like the swipe navigations on Sarari.

I find myself doing it on the iPad.

5. BJMRamage macrumors 68020

BJMRamage

same here.

I am new to the iPad and thought the store would be better with swipe...week later Apple did this.

It is confusing as I try to swipe back and cannot get there...especially with Lion and Magic Mouse capabilities.

They really should implement this.

6. Pracht macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

In my opinion, the iPad could work nice with that but the iPhone... I don't know.

I usually browse by holding my phone in one hand in portrait. Needing a two finger gesture would make this impossible.

Just don't get rid of the arrows!

7. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

8. robbie12345 macrumors 6502

yeh me too when ever I'm on the iPad i find myself swiping back to try to get off the page and go back and then i wonder why isn't it working lol