My Idea.

chizzer2003

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 2, 2010
This is my idea for a next version of iOS. A feature which would be immeasurably useful would be a back and forward gesture in Safari. In my opinion, this should be implemented in a similar way to how it is in OSX Lion, where you swipe with two fingers (3 may be better for iPad) and it goes to the previous page. The real time animation which simulates as if you're dragging the page from above to reveal the previous one below which is in Lion would also be a great bonus! Reaching for the back button can seem tiresome and tedious if you use them often. It has greatly booosted my workflow/efficiency on the Mac. Any opinions?

BJMRamage

macrumors 68020
Oct 2, 2007
same here.

I am new to the iPad and thought the store would be better with swipe...week later Apple did this.

It is confusing as I try to swipe back and cannot get there...especially with Lion and Magic Mouse capabilities.

They really should implement this.

Pracht

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

In my opinion, the iPad could work nice with that but the iPhone... I don't know.

I usually browse by holding my phone in one hand in portrait. Needing a two finger gesture would make this impossible.

Just don't get rid of the arrows!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.