My ideal iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by gigemzach, Sep 26, 2010.

1. gigemzach macrumors 6502

My ideal iPad 3G would be one with all the major carriers on one. If apple could some how have chips from AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, and Sprint all in one, that would be amazing! Like think about it, you could change month to month depending on where you are at if traveling, etc. Like if I'm going to be traveling in places where AT&T doesn't have 3G then I would buy a plan from Sprint or Verizon, or if like T-Mobile is cheaper and I know I'm gonna be in a good coverage area that month then I could switch the plan to them, etc. I think it would be an awesome feature and could come in handy with seeing which carrier has better coverage in your area.

2. Ciclismo macrumors 6502a

Ciclismo

Dude, I'm not going to lie to you, but you can already do this - you just need a microsim from each on a PAYG plan and you are away laughing. Well, except for CDMA and TDMA networks.

The problem with what you are suggesting, however, is that you would effectively be merging all the networks into one "super network". Which gives them a monopoly.

3. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Ipad is already unlocked. It works with AT&T and T-mobile. It doesn't make sense to focus on CDMA technology that is already dying. GSM is the future.

4. PhelpsiPhan macrumors 6502

PhelpsiPhan

He's right, it is

5. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

I'd rather fund it eith iTunes cards and let apple roam me with whoever has coverage... Even internationally.

FYI to the guys down under, the carriers he listed are all we have and only AT&T works with the iPad as the others are CDMA. Sucks to be in America before 4g comes out!

6. RobBookPro macrumors regular

Thats exactly what i was thinking. GSM is not the future, it is the present. CDMA is the past.

American mobile networks sound stupendously terrible.