My iDVD won't burn a DVD.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by zestyclt123, Nov 9, 2010.

1. zestyclt123 macrumors newbie

I have been using iDVD for over a year now and it suddenly stopped burning to DVD's. I know that it has nothing to do with DVD's themselves. When it is burning to a disc it goes through all the processes but freezes on the last step. It says "done" but it keeps running like it isn't finished. Then when click "cancel" and eject the disc, it is blank, so it was never actually burning to the disc in the first place. I have tried this several times and the same thing keeps happening. I have no trouble burning other things to discs. It seems like it is just in iDVD where the problem is.

2. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

Try trashing the iDvd plist, which is in Home Folder>Library>Preferences. Try using a different account, also try saving to a disc image, to see if the problem persists.

3. mchalebk macrumors 6502a

For various reasons, I quit trying to actually burn DVDs with iDVD. Instead of burning, I would save it as a disc image, then use Disc Utility to burn it to disc. The advantage of this is that it's the rendering that takes all the time and this way, at least, the rendering would be complete.