My iFrogz case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Hovey, Jun 27, 2010.

1. Hovey macrumors regular

So I dropped my phone after the second day on concrete. Luckily it only slightly scuffed the small plastic part surrounding the glass. Still, it made me nervous so I bought this iFrogz case. I really like it. It's slightly grippy, but still slides easily in and out of my pocket. Does not seem to inhibit the flash or cause signal degradation.

Attached Files:

2. Icarumba macrumors newbie

By any chance, do you think you could post a flash pic with the case on and with it off? I'm trying to decide which case I should grab, and if the ifrogz doesn't have any sort of flash problems I'll go with it. If not, I'll buy a bumper.

3. spurbs macrumors member

I have the blue one. When I took pictures outside last night, the pictures had a bluish tint to them. I took of the case and they were normal. When I tried taking a picture in a pitch black room, the picture had no blue and looked great. I'm going to try again tonight outside and see what happens

4. Hovey thread starter macrumors regular

First pic is with case on. Second pic is with case off (different angle to prove it's a different pic)

Attached Files:

5. Hovey thread starter macrumors regular

I'll try to replicate what you did with my red one and see what happens.

6. Icarumba macrumors newbie

Hovey, thanks for taking the time to take those pictures. As long as the tint is very minimal, I think I can deal with it.

7. labrat1996 macrumors 6502

labrat1996

8. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I picked up this case Friday when I exchanged my Reveal. I ended up dropping my phone Friday nite and cracked the case. I ended having to go and pick up a Bumper yesterday. It's a nice case. I think they should make it in a solid color.

9. psywzrd macrumors 68030

I had an ifrogz luxe case for my 3GS and ended up sending it back because I couldn't stand that stupid button on the back, the cutout around the volume rocker was too big, and because it was almost impossible to take off.

10. thebigpiro macrumors newbie

I have one of these as well, and it's quite nice aside from the fact that the only 3.5mm cable that will fit through the hole is the one provided by Apple. I need to try to find a couple others with skinny jacks for my car and home stereo.

I guess something like this will do the trick:

http://ifrogz.com/products/fitz/

Probably better than returning the case since I think this will be an issue with a lot of cases.

11. Hovey thread starter macrumors regular

At least the case broke and not the phone

12. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

That was definitely a good thing.

13. ExcitedByNoise macrumors newbie

I bought one from the AT&T store that is solid black. I like the feel of it, but it's not perfect. I didn't want to go around without a case any longer though and I picked this up. It messed up my screen protector going on though. Now it has a couple bubbles. I'll have to apply a new one and then try again.

I wish they made the button smaller and lower profile, or just had a better locking mechanism all together. I'd also think they could come up with a way to cover the buttons. Only difficult one would be the mute switch. And like others have said, the headphone jack doesn't play well with others.

14. Hovey thread starter macrumors regular

Took a couple of shots outside with my red case on and in areas that were near pitch dark. Here's the results. There appears to be no affect from the case. No red tint.

Attached Files:

15. richard371 macrumors 68000

I just got the solid black. I have the bumper and it looks sexier but the ifrogz case has no play in it and protects the back glass. It is solid, felt back

16. scorpio1973 macrumors 6502a

I have this case in the blue/black combo. I really like it!

17. labrat1996 macrumors 6502

labrat1996

Can we get a picture? I'll bet it looks nice! :)

18. Carcaridon macrumors member

Have the same red/black case but can't use it due to the invisible shield not allowing it to fit. Way too snug and ripples the IS.