my illuminated keyboard has stopped working

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bedrock22, May 9, 2008.

1. bedrock22 macrumors member

suddenly, my MBP (2.6ghz, 15") illuminated keyboard has stopped working. out of the blue. same conditions in the room as when it's worked before - so it's not an ambient lighting problem. the functionality is all turned on, and pressing the dim/brighten keys on the keyboard, while producing visual feedback on the screen (like the volume indicator), produces no illumination on the keyboard. im plugged in, fully charged... can't figure it out!!!

to be honest, i never really use the keyboard illumination, but now that its actually not working, its really bothering me...

any ideas?

thanks!
    chris

2. MacBookProJoe macrumors regular

MacBookProJoe

Download this:

http://labtick.proculo.de/

It gives you full manual control of your keyboard illumination.

At least you'll know for sure if youve got illumination.

I LOVE it.

Tom

3. bedrock22 thread starter macrumors member

thanks... i searched the forums in an attempt to solve my problem before making an original post - in my searches i came across that app, downloaded it, and installed it to no avail. :(:(

I've tried resetting the SMC, rebooting... nothing seems to be bringing my keyboard illumination back to life....

4. mspman macrumors regular

mspman

I'm having the same problem!! Although for me, it's only working on the middle of my keyboard and not on the edges.

I'm going to download that app and see what happens.

5. ellsworth macrumors 6502a

That's pretty cool. Thanks