My iMac 20" arrived today

keymoo

macrumors member
Original poster
May 20, 2005
Bedfordshire, UK
WOW what a machine. I am gobsmacked by it. It makes my PC look ten years old and I only bought it 18 months ago.

What a dream machine this is, I love it. :D If anyone is thinking of buying one, go and do it you will not be disappointed - and stop worrying about this Intel thing - it really doesn't matter.

Tamer Brad

macrumors regular
May 13, 2005
When I saw it at the Apple Store, it really looked like it was ready to jump off that table and eat me whole.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
The new iMacs look so much nicer than the older lamp-shade models. I didn't think Apple could top themselves, but they did. The new iMacs are simply gorgeous.

Badradio

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2004
Manchester
And they say people only post when they have a problem... Nice to see a positive post for a change - it's been way too downbeat around here of late.
Glad you're happy with the iMac keymoo, and I agree - they are amazing machines.

keymoo

macrumors member
Original poster
May 20, 2005
Bedfordshire, UK
Badradio said:
And they say people only post when they have a problem... Nice to see a positive post for a change - it's been way too downbeat around here of late.
Glad you're happy with the iMac keymoo, and I agree - they are amazing machines.
It's the first computer I've actually physically licked.

WithTea

macrumors member
May 11, 2005
Canada
keymoo said:
It's the first computer I've actually physically licked.
As opposed to mentally licked?

I'm thinking of getting a 17" iMac for university - screw the portability of an iBook, I'd rather a longer lasting machine.

I've never seen one in real life - isn't 20" huge? I got out my ruler to try and figure it out, and it's, like, an extra half of my current screen. :eek:

natness

macrumors newbie
May 6, 2005
my new imac 20"

I got mine on Wednesday, after a month of agonizingly waiting for WWDC and then more agonizing over the whole Intel thing. I find myself thinking of it longingly when I 'm at work; more than I think about my boyfriend, actually.
Ah, new love.

:p

yoda13

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2003
Texas
Congrats, they really do look good in person, esp. that twenty. And I agree, the intel thing doesn't matter. Enjoy your new machine!!! ;)

3lions

macrumors member
May 9, 2005
Iowa
Enjoy it!

I can't wait until my powerbook arrives Monday, getting a new computer is so exciting!!!

G-Funk

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2005
Miami , FL
If you think the new eMac G5 is something ! immagine what you would say if you get the New Powermac G5 DP 2.7Ghz ~? with apple's new 20" HD cinema display With 256MB of VRAM and 2.5GB Of system ram that runs on a 1.35Gh system bus ? :D oh and don't forget the 250GB HD :cool: NOW THAT"S A DREAM MACHINE :D