My iMac CTO is coming from Prague

Discussion in 'iMac' started by GlynJones, May 13, 2009.

1. GlynJones macrumors 6502

Just got an email for tracking of my replacement iMac with CTO graphics upgrade and it originated from Prague.

I thought it would come from China. Anyone else had there iMac built in Prague?

2. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

Perhaps the plane stopped in Prague so thats where its been passed onto TNT Europe.

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

My iMac came from CZ too. I guess European orders are built there.

4. Arne macrumors regular

no, it's built in china. the tracking does not start until your computer is handed out to TNT or FedEx or whatever. I guess they charter their own planes or ships to get the Macs to europe.

5. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Pretty much everything comes from China nowadays..

6. GlynJones thread starter macrumors 6502

Stuck nearly 24 hours in Germany and now they have changed my expected delivery from Friday to Monday :(

7. unid macrumors regular

Mine is also coming from Prague scheduled for tuesday delivery.

8. bilbo--baggins macrumors 6502a

Apple's CTO shipping in Europe is terrible. I ordered an iMac and the site said 'ships in 3 days'. I ordered 1 week ago, and the estimated delivery dates were from today to tomorrow (9th - 10th July). The Apple Store shows it to be 'out for delivery' today, and yet the delivery date changed to the 14th. It now turns out that when I look at the UPS tracking info it's slowly plodded it's way from Prague to Germany to Brussels. I contacted UPS and they said Apple had selected their slowest services, which is 4 days.

I'll be ringing Apple to complain tomorrow - firstly their original delivery estimate didn't match the method of delivery they have selected (1-2 days vs 4 days), I waited in all day today because the Apple Store said it was 'out for delivery'.

This iMac isn't for me, so it's not even like a child waiting for Christmas (which is usually the case!) - their misleading information and ridiculously slow delivery times for an expensive item (I ordered the 24" model) is infuriating. I've ordered Macs in the past that have said 'ships in 24 hours' and they've arrived 10-14 days later. It's as close to being dishonest as you can get without crossing the line in my opinion.

9. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

All those times are estimated. UPS isn't going to send one jumbo jet just for your iMac. My delivery took time as well. It came 3 days late than the original delivery date was. It's not Apple's fault, when it leaves their warehouse, it's on carrier's hands.