My iMac DEADLINE at workkkkk

Discussion in 'iMac' started by KillaBen, Sep 19, 2012.

  1. KillaBen, Sep 19, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2012

    KillaBen macrumors newbie

    Sep 19, 2012
    Bay Area
    Sooooo, I do Production Design for a Health & Wellness company usually working with large illustrator files. Currently I am working off an Intel 24" iMac running Tigerrrrr 10.4.11 with 1GB RAM that lags all the time!!

    I've been approved for a brand new iMac/CS6 but we have been holding off (per my request!) because of rumors of a new iMac surfacing pretty soon!

    The deadline to buy my iMac is This NOVEMBER! However, I am hoping for a NEW model to come out with the iPad Mini and the Retina 13" MBP potentially this October!

    I know I'm not paying for the computer! and anything is better than a 2005 G5 iMac! However! paying full price for 2011 tech doesn't fly with me!! :mad:
  2. cyrways macrumors member

    Mar 31, 2012
    Welcome to the club :(
  3. bigcat318 macrumors 6502

    Dec 25, 2007
    You at least need a new keyboard. Your keys appear to stick.
  4. marzer macrumors 65816


    Nov 14, 2009
    How long does the typical purchase order for tech take to fill? Around here it can be weeks. Wait until the very last minute to submit the PO. If the new iMac isn't out by then, maybe it will be by the time the PO is filled.
  5. KillaBen thread starter macrumors newbie

    Sep 19, 2012
    Bay Area
    Don't even get me started on the KEYBOARD! Let alone the PRO MOUSE :eek::eek:
  6. 92jlee macrumors 6502

    Sep 11, 2009
    Cardiff, Wales, UK
    First of all, put some more ram in that machine, depending on which model it is I belive it can either take 6gb or 8gb, a HUGE increase over 1gb. Upgrade to atleast snow leopard - You can easily get a few more years out of it.

    Also just for the knowledge 2008 wouldn't be a G5 machine.
  7. forty2j macrumors 68030


    Jul 11, 2008
    In all likkkkklihood, you'lll be able to orderrr a 2012 modelll priorr to Novemberrr.
  8. KillaBen thread starter macrumors newbie

    Sep 19, 2012
    Bay Area
    I stand corrected. I was confusing the iMac i use for work with the 2008 model i use at home! :)
  9. PaulKemp macrumors 6502

    Jun 2, 2009
    Yeah, wait for the purrrrrchase as long as possible.
  10. Major.Robto macrumors 6502

    May 11, 2012
    you knoooooowwwww its anoyingggggggg to repeteeeeeee the same letttttttttteeeeeerrrrrsssssss its stupid.
  11. david19801 macrumors member

    Mar 18, 2012
    New iMac will be early next year AT THE EARLIEST. So not before then. Just get it. It's not your money so enjoy it.
  12. KillaBen thread starter macrumors newbie

    Sep 19, 2012
    Bay Area
    Coooool, good to knowwwwww!
  13. edry.hilario macrumors 6502a

    Aug 1, 2010
    Gtfo you don't know what you're talking about. Everything is pointing out to October. Anyone buying an iMac right now will be a damm fool. Just saying
  14. Nandifix macrumors 6502

    May 10, 2012
    Lol how can you say that with no evidence and no signs of a early 2013 release. All signs at the moment are pointing at October and if not apple have then lost a customer.
  15. The Samurai macrumors 68000

    The Samurai

    Dec 29, 2007
    Get in line, sir :D

    My prediction is October, after the financial Q3 results are announced.
  16. davidgnomo macrumors 6502a


    Feb 16, 2012
    Imola (BO) - Italy
    Wrong ! It'll be 2012 before the end of October OR 2013 but not before June at the earliest ...
  17. mmomega macrumors demi-god


    Dec 30, 2009
    DFW, TX
    Well if you are not buying one now or after October (if it isn't released in Oct) then are they actually losing a customer? Since you aren't buying anything and all:confused:

    And to the OP, time is money, I know I don't rely on rumors to buy new desktops for my office but our business may use it differently than yours.

    Employees wasting time with slow computers with problems means they are getting less done and I am paying them every hour which comes out that I am wasting more money by not buying the computer now.
  18. segovius macrumors regular


    Sep 18, 2006
    Barcelona / Berlin
    If he buys at the last possible minute does he still get the additional days tacked on to change his mind and upgrade if it is in a business setting?
  19. #19
    Yeah. Apple is going to release an Ivy Bridge machine 1-4 months before Haswell is released. :rolleyes:
    If no new iMac in 40 days (which is highly unlikely) Then the next iMac is going to be a Haswell machine, which means mid/late 2013 AT THE EARLIEST. not early 2013.

Share This Page