My iMac does not see my 6s+ or Air2 for wireless synching?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kat.hayes, Mar 18, 2016.

1. kat.hayes macrumors 6502a

I have synched my iMac previously with both my 6S+ and Air2, though now it does not seem to show up in iTunes as options for wireless synching, and if I try to synch wirelessly from either device they do not see the iMac. What do I need to do to make this work again? I already tried plugging in the iPhone with a usb cable and afterwards it still does not see it?

Thanks.

2. EDH667 macrumors 6502a

EDH667

I had the same problem awhile ago and the only thing that corrected it was resetting the router (unplugging and plugging it back in), then powering down the IOS devices and Mac and restarting them.

3. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Obvious question but did you turn on wifi sync on each device in iTunes? Have to have it plugged in via USB and check it before it starts working.

4. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT203075

Get help
    If you can't set iTunes to sync over Wi-Fi, or if sync doesn't work:

1. Restart your computer and iOS device.
    2. Make sure that your computer and iOS device are on the same Wi-Fi network. Syncing doesn't work over an Ethernet to Wi-Fi connection.
    3. Check your firewall settings. If you use security or firewall software on your computer or router, you can get help with security software. You can also contact the router's manufacturer or check the documentation to learn how to open TCP ports 123 and 3689 and UDP ports 123 and 5353.