My iMac doesn't find my Time Capsule

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by RXREKTD, Nov 8, 2011.

1. RXREKTD macrumors newbie

hello all,
    I've been having problems setting up my Time Capsule with my iMac. I have an iMac operating with Lion. The Time Capsule I purchased was bought back in May. I upgraded the software on the TC and on the iM. But it still won't find the TC. I go through the steps of setting up the TC and it still can't find it. I even connected ethernet cables from the modem to the TC and from the TC to the iM. With this configuration, the internet doesn't work and the Wi-Fi doesn't work. Now if I connect the modem directly into the iM, everything works. I'm assuming that the TC is bad and not functioning properly. Any advice? Thanks in advance.
    Rex

2. RXREKTD thread starter macrumors newbie

:( No one had any experience like the one I'm going through.

3. Terry Smith macrumors member

Terry Smith

Did it used to work?

Hey guy, not sure if I can help... but I have found AU to be a little flaky in terms of finding things 'now and then' but all the time, and when hooked up through ethernet? I would say the TC is dead.

You said you updated the TC though... so how did you see it long enough to run an update?

I'm sorry, maybe I don't understand your question properly... but I run all of this stuff, so might be able to help.

TMS

4. RXREKTD thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the response Terry. But i finally got it up and running. Apple care and AT&T walked me through the set up process. Apparently, my modem needed to be updated and I needed to set up my modem and TC a certain way. It needed to be set up with Bridge Port and WPA2 (whatever that means, excuse me for being computer illiterit) But thank goodness, everything runs smooth now. Thanks again for your response.