My imac I ordered is almost here

Discussion in 'iMac' started by shoppy, Jan 23, 2008.

1. shoppy macrumors 6502a

I can not believe it it is a CTO 2.8 and it will have been less then 8 days from order to delivery. Whoppeee.

2. AlexisV macrumors 68000

AlexisV

Well done.
    Is it cause to start a whole new thread though?

3. shoppy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sorry I was excited:), it is out with UPS for delivery today. Waiting on the van.

4. shoppy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Just received my keyboard and apple care. No the imac is stuck at the wrong UPS depot:eek:. I am going to drive down tonight to pick it up.:)

5. 7084 macrumors member

Hmmm 8 days from order to delivery? That's not bad on a bought to order mac, and I take it you're in the UK, hampshire?

I ordered mine on the 22nd, and expected delivery is 5th-8th of Feb, two weeks away practically :(

6. shoppy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes I ordered the machine late on the 17th of Jan and it is here. I am gob-smacked and yes I am in Hampshire. Fingers crossed it will be quicker for you.

7. MST macrumors 6502

MST

Well I ordered my 20" alu iMac [albeit a refurb] early yesterday morning and it arrived this afternoon, that's not bad considering the initial confirmation email I received stated that it could take up to 8 working days to arrive.

8. Nichod macrumors regular

Congrats! Post here on your experience once you get it.

9. fivepoint macrumors 65816

fivepoint

My 2.8 Extreme will be here on Monday! Very excited.

10. sailortena macrumors newbie

The best thing I liked about getting my new refurb yesterday was how easy it was to install more Ram. Hubbie had expected me to blow the computer up and warned me not to do anything to it until he got home. (He works as a systems admin/computer tech for a library system.)

Not only did I do that, I set it up, took the other computer away to start wiping the hard drive.

I can't believe how many cables I was able to get rid of!!! It's so nice not to deal with a seperate monitor and the computer.

(I've had macs for many, many years, but this is my first iMac purchase.)

11. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

I bought a built-to-order iMac and I received it 6 days later. I've never got a BTO that fast before... and it came from China (I live on the east coast of the US).

12. shoppy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Some photos as I start to play.

Just got home and after installing 4 gigs of ram have started to do a custom install on the machine. Liberated the wireless keyboard and mouse for my MBP 17" and plugged in the additional usb keyboard I ordered and my trusty logictech mouse. Here are some photos side by side with my 17".

Attached Files:

13. Nichod macrumors regular

Looks like a beautiful setup. Thanks for sharing the photo.

14. bobr1952 macrumors 68020

bobr1952

Nice! I ordered a 2.8 iMac last Friday. It was shipped on Monday--and should arrive this weekend (long haul to FL). My first Mac--can't wait!

15. Wild-Bill macrumors 68030

Wild-Bill

16. ozfried2693 macrumors member

i ordered my imac 2.4 no customize on tuesday the 22nd and it STILL has not shipped:mad: