My imac is not turning on

Fsg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 30, 2012
Hello
I was messing around with mountain lion and then i decided to downgrade back to lion i googled it and i found a way using the recovery mode,i erased macintosh hd and i clicked reinstall mac os x but it said that i'm not connected to the internet,so i turned it off so i can turn the wifi on but it didn't turn on because i erased the hard disk.

Now what i need to do?

Fsg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 30, 2012
Sounds to me like you will need an install disk. You do have the Lion or iMac recovery disks don't you?
Yes i do but how i will use it the mac won't turn on its like its not connected to power

Fsg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 30, 2012
Do i have to put it in the disk trayand turn it on while holding control?

DrakkenWar

macrumors 6502
Nov 7, 2010
San Antonio,Texas
reinstall

1. Turn you iMac on
2. Insert your recovery disk in the drive
3. Press and hold the C-key on the keyboard until your mac boots up.

4. Have cookies and milk during install to celebrate. :D

Fsg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 30, 2012
1. Turn you iMac on
2. Insert your recovery disk in the drive
3. Press and hold the C-key on the keyboard until your mac boots up.

4. Have cookies and milk during install to celebrate. :D
Yeah but the problem is that the imac won't turn on.when i try to put the disk in the imac dosen't pull it in

Blue Fox

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2009
If the iMac isn't powering on, you should completely unplug it from power for around 5 minutes. Plug it back in and it should be fine. If not, then try it again, but while it's unplugged, remove the RAM. Wait a minute, then reinstall it, and then try it. That has happened to me once where it would not turn on, but after unplugging it and removing/reinstalling the RAM, it was golden. It resets something, but I don't remember exactly what.

DrakkenWar

macrumors 6502
Nov 7, 2010
San Antonio,Texas
Good point! And thanks for the correction.

If the iMac isn't powering on, you should completely unplug it from power for around 5 minutes. Plug it back in and it should be fine. If not, then try it again, but while it's unplugged, remove the RAM. Wait a minute, then reinstall it, and then try it. That has happened to me once where it would not turn on, but after unplugging it and removing/reinstalling the RAM, it was golden. It resets something, but I don't remember exactly what.
Valid. Think I was reading a bit to fast for my own good. You are correct that resetting the ram can also be the culprit. Also, I am not familiar with the innards of the newer iMacs, but unplugging, pulling the PRAM battery or equivalent might not be a bad idea as well, that way bad ju-ju that might be saved in a persistent state is also wiped clean.

Fsg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 30, 2012
It's solved now thanks
I also have a macbook white(late 2009) have the same problem,how can i solve it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.