My iMac Is Turning To BAD :( Need Help :(

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Mark-T, May 28, 2009.

1. Mark-T macrumors newbie

I Need Help Please ..

I Just Bough my iMac 5 months Ago ,
    NOw Am facing Probs ,
    i Have all updates Installed
    My Mac Is Slowing Down , Bad internet Search or Browsing , Some Times it dont conect to the interenet , or just connect to few websites , Others when am on a website then try to Refresh the Page , it doesnt Open as if there is no connection ...
    Others when trin to make a Search about Images ex: On Google , the Imagees dont appear , Smply The Box Arround the Pictures appears but no pic appears..

The itunes and some other prog began to slow down while working , takes a long time to Load :S

Am also using Ableton Live , and now am not able to use it anymore :S Everytime i begin to work on It It close unexpedley :S and Say , : The Application Live quit Unexcpedley .....

I Need Help and need to know what is goin wrong with my iMac :( Is it a virus or hats the prob ??

HELP ME PLEASEEEE :'(

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

There are a few things you should check and try ...
    First, how large is your hard drive and how much data do you have on it? If you're just about at it's maximum capacity then a full hard drive will undoubtedly cause some issues for you. Check that and be certain you don't just have a bunch of BS sitting on there.

Reset Safari (if that is what you use). Clearing the cache and such will help a bit.

Use Onyx a free utility to basically run a ton of maintenance scripts on your machine. It is easy to use and fairly self-explanatory.

Run a Repair Permissions from Disk Utility (under Applications/Utilities Folder). Let it get all the way through and don't use your machine while it runs.

You should probably restart your machine before anything else. Allow the OS to swap files and such. Then repair permissions, check your hard drive space, run Onyx, reset Safari, etc.

From there check what items you have that are starting up with your Mac. This is found under Accounts in System Preferences and check the activity monitor to see what applications are hogging your resources.

Finally, calm down. It's not the end of the world and your Mac, like any other computer will need some maintenance over time. I understand there is this thought out there that Macs never need a day of TLC, but that's not entirely true. Macs will often need a reboot and a repair permissions to sort of put them back in line. Also, be sure your Mac is not dust-ridden and/or sitting in a place where heat is an issue and airflow is non-existent. Macs (like all computers) don't care much for dust/pet hair and claustrophobic environments.

3. MacRUK macrumors newbie

I think it's just your keyboard is playing up !

4. Mark-T thread starter macrumors newbie

I did all of this But Still same thing :( , and the Ableton Always Quits :(

5. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

6. kolax macrumors G3

What version of Live? Got latest updates..?

You'd be better contacting Ableton about it quitting.

7. blue43fan macrumors regular

Sounds like it could just be your internet connection. If you use a router, unplug it and plug your modem directly into the iMac. If that doesn't work, try resetting your modem or performing a power cycle. If that doesn't work, call AppleCare.

My Comcast connection slows down occasionally, and usually a simple reset of the modem fixes it. Hope this helps. :cool:

8. Mark-T thread starter macrumors newbie

Ableton 7.0.14 , It worked Good but Suddenly started to quit :S

9. HBOC macrumors 68020

i would second to reboot your router/modem. You unplugg them for 30 seconds, but i dont recall what sequence, maybe th emodem for 30 and then the router. Also check your router settings. Sometimes my MBP slows up onine, and i have to reboot the modem/router. Also, if you are wireless, is it secure? You have a password and setup wpa2 or something? if it is wep, people could be stealing your internet (or if there is no password on it) and that will cause it to slow up.

10. Mark-T thread starter macrumors newbie

The Internet is working very good on My normal XP in same tiem taht it's working so bad on my iMac ....

11. MarkMS macrumors 6502a

Ableton is up to 7.0.16. Maybe an Apple update broke Ableton. Do you remember if it was working before the update? Anyway, it doesn't hurt to update it.

12. NoSmokingBandit macrumors 68000

NoSmokingBandit

A few people have been reporting slowness with 10.5.7. This may be responsible for Ableton crapping out too.

13. blue43fan macrumors regular

Does your iMac connect through wifi? If so it is most likely your router. What kind of connection do you use on your XP computer?

In my personal experience, sometimes I have to either reset my router or change the password in settings before my speed returns. That's exactly why I plug my iMac directly into my modem, it's just more reliable.

14. Mark-T thread starter macrumors newbie

Both are connected via LAN :/

15. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

Hiya, sorry for joining the discussion late.

I wanna ask, how was your iMac prior to updating to 10.5.7? Did you experience any issues, slowness, unstable applications etc.?

And, since updating your system software, have you tried repairing the permissions via disk utilities?

16. Mark-T thread starter macrumors newbie

i updated about a week ago or more , and am facing still those probs ...
    Bue the ableton thingy is after the update ...

17. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

eh? :confused:
    you didn't answer the question i asked. try reading it again.

18. Mark-T thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes , i faced some probs after update an slowness
    The Ableton prob is after the update ...

19. dr. shdw macrumors 6502a

No you clearly didn't read his post correctly. Were you having these issues BEFORE the update to 10.5.7. Could be a bad lan cable. Try the cable from your XP computer.

20. Mark-T thread starter macrumors newbie

Same...

21. dr. shdw macrumors 6502a

Try a PRAM zap (on boot up hold down command-option-p-r, let it restart a few times) and SMC reset (disconnect the power cord from the iMac and hold down the power button for 30 seconds).

22. Mark-T thread starter macrumors newbie

Now the inetrnet Prob is quietley kinda resolved ..
    What about Ableton ? :(
    My Main Use n main Work :(

23. dr. shdw macrumors 6502a

Does it work if you're logged into a separate user account? If so, maybe trash the pref files in your user library for Ableton, might be corrupt.

24. Mark-T thread starter macrumors newbie

Now it's Working Fine After i 'd removed the Pref Files :)
    So Many Thankssssss :)
    Thanks all for ur help , Rlly appreciated

But am Askin what causes the corrupt of the files ?

25. dr. shdw macrumors 6502a

The program..:D and probably a bug/crappy code