My iMac screen just started flickering

Discussion in 'iMac' started by mayhone1, Oct 12, 2011.

1. mayhone1 macrumors regular

My iMac screen just started flickering and did a black out. I turned it off, I wasn't doing anything much just playing plants vs zombies and chating on yahoo messenger, mac is about a two years old, I don't want to replace it, I can't afford it and I love the Machine, this is the first time it's happened, what should I do?
    :apple:

2. marsmissions macrumors 6502

marsmissions

Continue using it like normal until it does it again? Could have just been a driver issue.

3. cpliler, Oct 13, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2011

cpliler macrumors newbie

Screen Flickers after installing iOS5 update

After installing the update for iOS5 on my Mac Pro with a 23" Apple Cinema display (2006), the screen continually flickers. It gets worse the longer the screen stays static. Oddly, when a window is moved around the screen the flickering stops. Any and all suggestions are welcome. Thank you.

4. hifoo45 macrumors member

I have noticed a flicker every so often. Its more of a brightness jump (no I do not have adjust brightness automatically on) and it only recently happened, so I am guessing it has something to do with 10.7.2 update. I have a mid 2011 iMac with 1gb 6970m.

Really hope this is a driver issue and not hardware.

5. majordude macrumors 68020

majordude

Has the problem fixed itself?

6. hifoo45 macrumors member

No, it gradually got worse, the entire bottom left side turned noticeably darker than the rest of the display. I took it in to the apple store and they instantly replaced the display as I waited. Very nice, I was ready for a week or so with out but they had it swapped out in under 40mins. The new display has been running strong ever since (~5months)