My iMac startup problem (w/video)...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by The.316, Sep 27, 2010.

1. The.316 macrumors 65816

The.316

I have a late 09 i7 27" iMac, which I use for most of my work, and an older iMac 20" C2D. The 20 incher was working "ok" for the past six months, then all of a sudden, it would not start back up. All I would get is the :apple: icon on startup, then a folder with a ? in it. I google'd the issue, and tried all the steps I could find, but none of them worked. I would get no keyboard response to the iMac, meaning resetting the PRAM, booting from the disk, etc., would not work. I read that it probably is a HD problem, so I removed the HD, and inserted another one I had from work. So I took a video of the problem, with sound, to see if anyone had any other suggestions. I was having video card problems before, so I dont know if that plays into it at all. Anyone have any suggestions/experiences/opinions in this matter. Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KN5xMFKXexw

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Your video will not work unless you link to it from Youtube or something, and you can't get it to display inline.

When you put the other hard drive in, did you install an operating system on it?

3. The.316 thread starter macrumors 65816

The.316

Video is up.

I tried to install the OS onto the new HD, but no key combination will work, meaning I cannot get my wired :apple: keyboard to work with the iMac. I even tried to access the HD with my 27" via firewire, but that didnt work either.

4. The.316 thread starter macrumors 65816

The.316

5. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member