My imac took some damage while being repair at the Apple Store

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by RidgeRacerType4, Nov 23, 2009.

1. RidgeRacerType4 macrumors newbie

RidgeRacerType4

I figured I'd post here since I'm not exactly sure where this would fall under.

Two days ago my imac started having Hard Drive problems. After doing everything I could possibly do to recover what I could (which wasn't much) I took it in to the Apple Store to Diagnosed and Fix. The Mac Genius came to the same conclusion as I about the state of the Hard Drive and was even able to help me get more stuff off of it. This morning I went back to pick it up and had a mac genius boot it up and check it out. Functionally everything is working great with the imac now. It has a new HD and the machine as a whole seems to be running faster and cooler now BUT...

On the aluminum case on the top left-hand side are three sharp serrated notches in the casing. It almost looks like someone stabbed the top of the case with a screw driver or something similar. I know for a fact they weren't there before because at least once a day I run my hand across the outer edge of the case to sweep up any dust that might be building out around the memory ports, disc drive bay and above the isight (it's more of a habit then anything).
    I'm just not sure what to do about it. Looking at the repair report papers they listed the condition of my imac as "normal wear and tear" even though it was in fact in pristine condition (I'm a bit OCD where it concerns my computers). So if I were to take it back, it might be their word against mine.

I'm just so frustrated at this point. It's like taking your car in to have an alternator changed and then getting your car back in perfect running order only to find that they dented it in three places. Any advice on the matter would be greatly appreciated

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Call Apple and complain. Without evidence it's hard to prove, but that is the best solution.

3. xrisdaniels macrumors newbie

This is what you need to do....

Nuke them from Orbit, it's the only way to be sure

4. fluffyx macrumors 6502

Take it to the Apple Store with another Genius Bar appointment. It's their job to accurately document the entire cosmetic condition of the computer upon check-in. If they return your computer in worse condition than described on the Service Authorization, they are obligated to repair the cosmetic damage.

Just let the Genius know that it wasn't that way when you dropped the computer off, and that the Service Authorization backs you up. Likely, the Genius will reluctantly check the computer in for a cosmetic repair. As a bonus, Apple automatically moves "repeat repairs" near the front of the repair queue!

5. RidgeRacerType4 thread starter macrumors newbie

RidgeRacerType4

Cool Cool, I've set up an appointment for tomorrow. I'll report back afterward. I just hope this can be resolved :-/