My iMovie iPhone 4 Video

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by spiderguy84, Jun 28, 2010.

1. spiderguy84 macrumors regular

2. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

Nice work. It looks really great.

The only thing that bugs me about video with the iPhone 4 is that weird choppy motion thing. It sort of reminds me of the "Saving Private Ryan" effect. Oh well, nothing is perfect, and as they say, the best camera in the world is the one you have with you.

3. spiderguy84 thread starter macrumors regular

4. jbennardo macrumors 6502a

jbennardo

Very cool, I can't wait to start some projects like this.

I did one the other day just to test it out and when I synced my phone, my movie links were broken inside the iMovie project. I noticed during the sync it said, deleting photos from iPhone and then it added them. This subtle change must have threw everything off. I have to figure out the best way to keep my assets in one place.

5. LimeyBastard macrumors regular

Very cool man! :)

Haven't had chance to play without myself, but I can see how fun it's gonna be!

Any film nerds out there know how to stabilize a shot like this manually? My shaky paws would make that Lake District scene look more like the Blare Witch Project. :p

6. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

I wasn't referring to shaky camera movements. You actually did a great job keeping it stabilized.

Take a video while panning fairly fast or riding in a car and you'll see what I mean. It's like it's skipping frames or something, and the motion comes out kind of choppy.

7. spiderguy84 thread starter macrumors regular

8. LimeyBastard macrumors regular

Unless the iPhone is capturing the true reality of movement and our optic nerves are wired to add an element of blur to our visual perception to make things more pretty! :p

I know what you mean though -- you get the same thing on lower-level cams and recorders. Some sort of compensatory effect gone haywire?