My impressions of iPhone 6.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by patseguin, Sep 20, 2014.

1. patseguin macrumors 68000

patseguin

I originally wasn't going to get an iPhone 6 due to money reasons when I remembered I pay for the AT&T Next program. On Thursday the 18th I decided to order an iPhone 6 from AT&T. The ship date is October 20-November 6th. Just on a whim I called my nearby AT&T store and embarrassingly asked if they had any left in stock. The guy said they had a few and a line of people. I dressed and went to the store and met the greeter and told him what I wanted. I had originally ordered a black one online and the guy at the store said they had a few white/gold and nobody in front of me was waiting for me. There were about 10 people in the store and 3 employees working. They seemed to spend 30 minutes with each customer some of whom were in fact buying an iPhone 6. After 2 hours I finally got my turn and walked out with a white/gold 64 iPhone 6. While I waited, I had plenty of time to play with the 6 and 6 plus on display. The 6 was huge and beautiful. I tried operating it with 1 hand and I couldn't. The regular 6 was noticeably larger but I was able to operate it with 1 hand. I coy me also tell that there was no way that the plus would fit comfortably in my pocket, if at all. What I love about my 6 is the larger size, thinness and speed. It is larger enough than my 5s and thinner and speaker enough to make the 5s look like a toy. The display is absolutely gorgeous. It is bright and sharp, very noticably better than my 5s. I have no issue using it with 1 hand so I opted to put in a extra row of icons and I do t use the home button double tap. I'd also read reviews where people say that mom optimized apps look fuzzy. I haven't found this to be the case at all. I can't even tell which apps are not optimized. Perhaps this is more noticeable in the plus model. Battery life seems excellent so far. Sound quality is about as expected on a phone and phone call audio quality is excellent. Overall, I am extremely happy with this device and I have no regrets at all about not having a plus. As for the color, I originally ordered the black/grey version but I am extremely happy with the white/gold color. I can only guess that this color sold the least since that's all they had left but I think it is very visually appealing. On a side note, the store said they never had a single plus unit other than the display model. Even if they had pluses readily available I still would have bought the regular 6. I am sure there are people that bought a plus and are happy with it. Just for me personally it's too large of a device for a mobile phone.

On one more side note, I feel oddly pleased that I didn't have to stand in line at 3am or camp out the night before. I just walked into a store the day after release and bought a phone.

2. AppleRobert macrumors 603

Congrats and enjoy.

BTW, I'd buy another 6 in a different color before I would buy a Plus. Tried the Plus again today at a Verizon and an AT&T store. No way!

3. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

So you ordered a space grey but because it was going to take a few extra days you got the gold one? Yea I can see you regretting that down the road. :eek:

4. Hey Now macrumors member

5. brand macrumors 601

brand

6. uchosen macrumors 6502

7. Maetzle macrumors regular

Maetzle

Congrats on your new phone, but please use your return key more.