My ingenious idea for iPhoto 7

GreyFox1221

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 16, 2005
I think that they should have a built in browser for Address Cards and when you drag an Address Card onto a picture, iPhoto automaticly adds that persons name/data to the Metadata of the picture. That way if you Spotlight that person you can see all the pictures of them. And they can even reverse-engineer (is this the right way to use the term?) in to Address Book. What do you guys think?

mahonmeister

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2006
Redlands, CA
bloodycape said:
send it to the apple suggestion box?
Suggestion box? Where have they been hiding that?

Here is a suggestion: allow us to import some photos into iPhoto instead of every freakin' one. I do realize this can be accomplished with Image Capture but whats the point? How hard could it be to add this option to iPhoto?

mduser63

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
andy89 said:
Theres a way of doing that.

It was on mac-osx-hints not long ago. (i'm talking about iphoto)
Too lazy to look it up, but andy89's definitely right. It's simple too. You hit a key and iPhoto swicthes to a secret mode that allows you to view all the pictures on your camera, then you can select the ones you want and drag them to your library to import them.

savar

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2003
District of Columbia
GreyFox1221 said:
I think that they should have a built in browser for Address Cards and when you drag an Address Card onto a picture, iPhoto automaticly adds that persons name/data to the Metadata of the picture. That way if you Spotlight that person you can see all the pictures of them. And they can even reverse-engineer (is this the right way to use the term?) in to Address Book. What do you guys think?
Great idea...right now I just type everybody's name into the comments box so I can search for all photos of a person through spotlight. It works, but tighter integration is always a plus.

Have you seen facebook's implementation of this? You draw a box around the person and then enter their name. When somebody views your photo they can hover over the name and see the associated box drawn around them. Pretty nifty.

sigamy

macrumors 65816
Mar 7, 2003
NJ USA
GreyFox1221 said:
This sounds cool. You should submit it to the MyDreamApp contest at http://mydreamapp.com/

PatrickF

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2006
Blighty
I still wish they would include better RAW support. It seems that they're advertising iPhoto from version 5 as having RAW support but only a hand full of cameras are actually supported. Some sort of update would be nice to make other cameras work.

sunfast

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2005
London
With the sony camera I use, the memory stick mounts as a drive. I just select the pictures I want from that and import them to iPhoto

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
GreyFox1221 said:
Sounds like Facebook, still a really cool idea, I might have to spend the £35 on iLife '07 for it...