Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rdeloviar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 24, 2010
Got the white in the mail about an hour ago...

My initial impressions are quite positive, but we'll see after some use. The alignment of button cutouts are really good you can see they are offset just a bit, it does not take away from the usability at all. The buttons are recessed into the case and I don't see the volume buttons being pressed inadvertantly.
DSC_0754.jpg

Bottom cutout for the 30 pin connector provides plenty of room. The cover that was supplied was slightly off color (white) from the case. The cover is not made of the same plastic as the case it's rubber, probably causing the color difference.
DSC_0774.jpg

Headphone jack cutout...tried a few different headphone mini plug connectors I had including a fat one they were all able to seat flush and were fully operational
DSC_0756.jpg

Docking...well this isn't the best example of its docking capabilities because I've been able to dock my wife's Ifrogz and my Belkin reveal without issue onto the apple universal dock when no adapters are used.
DSC_0771.jpg

-Included covers for the docking port and headphone port...fit is good however they are rubber so slight color mismatch from the case.
-Included screen protectors. I've never used screen protectors so I have nothing to compare to but I can say that I put one on and squeegeed out the bubbles without issue. Didn't plan on using a screen protector but the supplied ones were really clear, no noticeable orange peel, and look and feel were similar to the original glass. (front screen protector is installed in all the above pics)
-Minimalist design...just feels good in hand, shows the iphone's lines and design well

Dislikes
-Gap between bezel and non existent case lip its about the width of the metal band if you were looking straight down at the front of the phone. I can see this area becoming a home for lint and debris
-Slight burrs left behind from the machining process...kinda sharp in some spots. I'm sure they will wear with normal handling just a little attention to detail that was missed at the manufacturing process.
-No lip around bezel...without a screen protector there is zero protection.

I'm really not that nit picky but just wanting to inform those of you who are buying without actually holding the product before buying.

evanavevan

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2010
Nice quality pics, mine on the way. Looks promising, just returned my Incipio Feather due to the flash issues and their screen protectors were crap and Switcheasy Nude is cheaper and seems like a better fit, more extras. Have you tested to make sure there are no flash issues like they advertise?

rdeloviar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 24, 2010
Shot some pics in my dark laundry room and could not duplicate the flash "glare" I was getting with my griffin reveal.

ellong

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2010
No flash problems!? If so then I really cant wait for mine to come in already! Glad to see you love yours

dqpassat

macrumors regular
Dec 28, 2009
Great photos and descriptions. Thanks so much.

In terms of protection, how does it compare to the Griffin Reveal you had? Was there any other issues besides the "flash" anomaly?

Error Type -43

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2003
I agree that the burring/visible mold lines around the port and button areas make the case look a little cheap.

rdeloviar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 24, 2010
-YMMV I'm not vouching for every SE nude case I'm just saying I did not have any flash artifacts that some have had with this case.
-I thought the white Griffin Reveal I had on first looked really slick but after a few days of pocket carry (I usually flip my pocket inside out and clean all lint and debris out) stuff still made it in between the case and phone. When scratched, the clear plastic window on top of a glossy black finish really exaggerated the scratches well:rolleyes: The other thing is that the white "bumper" area started to get dirty and didn't clean well.
-The burrs are starting to smooth out with normal handling
-I got it from switcheasy I live about an hours drive from San Francisco where they ship from so I got it super fast I've read others not having so much luck.
-Protection? I knew I was getting a minimalist case so I only expect it to resist scratches and small dings. Doubt it would handle drops too well...not saying I'm not clumsy or perfect when it comes to not dropping stuff...you're not supposed to drop babies, glass bottles and other things :D and I don't I don't understand how caring for a glass phone would be different.
-Pretty funny how I had my IP4 since 29 Jun but now that I've had the SE Nude on it for the past few days has anyone asked if it was the new Iphone.
I think the skinny blocked look the case gives it looks too cool for school...to each...

loskickking23

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2008
Thanks for the review ! Can't wait to get my ultra clear in.... I'm using the griffin reveal right now and it's to bulky for me.... I had the clear nude on my 3GS for months before my new phone and luved it!!!

ajaytech

macrumors newbie
Aug 27, 2011
Ottawa,Canada.
Screen protector

Nice quality pics, mine on the way. Looks promising, just returned my Incipio Feather due to the flash issues and their screen protectors were crap and Switcheasy Nude is cheaper and seems like a better fit, more extras. Have you tested to make sure there are no flash issues like they advertise?

How is the screen protector? Should I use it or is it a scrap add-on? I'm waiting for the next ipod touch!

I'm asking because I need to know whether or not it's good enough. If it isn't,I'll be getting this
http://store.apple.com/ca/product/H3545VC/A?fnode=MTY1NDA4Mg&mco=MTk5NTgxODk

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.