My Insomnia Film Fest entry

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Matiek, Oct 25, 2007.

1. Matiek macrumors member

Greetings Macrumor,

I'm a Student at Colorado Film School and I directed a film in the 24 hour Insomnia Film Fest. Please check it out and give me some feed back, good or bad. I've been following the post on here for about a year and have been incredibly impressed by some very insightful things people have had to say.

http://edcommunity.apple.com/insomnia_fall07/item.php?itemID=615

If you like the piece enough to vote for it all the better! To vote you have to enter your apple account and register for the gallery.

Thanks in advanced!

2. fart macrumors regular

3. Matiek thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, she was great to work with.

4. MacHipster macrumors 6502

Being that it's for a festival which gives you a day to write, plan, and execute a film, it's pretty good.

5. shecky Guest

shecky

great, the first of a bunch of newbies registering to the forums to spam for votes for their film. lets see how many more of these we get.

ridiculous.

6. trudd macrumors regular

trudd

Way to be, groove assassin.

This is one of the better insomnia films out there. Thanks for sharing!

7. shecky Guest

shecky

try not to be such a lemming.

8. Matiek thread starter macrumors member

It was more like I just started getting into video editing and as such I decided to buy my first mac. I've seen others post their work on here for feedback. I didn't realize that once you enter it in a competition that wasn't ok.

9. pigbat macrumors regular

It's perfectly fine for you to post it. Some people are quick to jump down people's throats instead of welcoming people. Welcome aboard and feel free to share more.

10. shecky Guest

shecky

i teach design to college students. nobody, NOBODY is a bigger advocate of critique than me. i think itrs the only way to teach creative professionals how to think about doing what they do. you coming here for critique is both admirable and appropriate.

the place where i call bull**** is this: if all you cared about was feedback you would not have been begging for votes.

come for critique. dont come to market your film to win a prize. huge difference.

11. l3nn13r macrumors newbie

l3nn13r

That's great, but you didn't actually give them a critique. If you don't want to vote, don't vote. But do provide critical and constructive feedback, professor. And if after watching you think it deserves a vote, well, let your conscience guide you :) I don't think this is a conflict of interests.

I think these guys did a bang-up job for 24 hours' work.

There are some pacing issues in the dialogue, I'm not sure what "Darjeeling" means -- perhaps more to establish her name would have been appropriate, and next time find someone to help sweeten the audio... room tone is really choppy in the park bench sequence. Overall lighting is well done, and shots are intelligently selected. There are some weird shadows in the kitchen during the dream and at the end -- a flashlight through tissue paper or something would have helped her pop a bit during the final lines. Excellent use of music.

:apple: Great job!! :apple:

He explicitly asked for feedback, we should give him feedback :D Did you even watch it? You're so passionate about this. I'd like to know what you think about the actual work in question. So...?

12. Matiek thread starter macrumors member

13. Matiek thread starter macrumors member

I didn't beg for votes. I said, "if you like it enough to vote for it all the better"

If you feel like I'm begging for votes and abusing Macrumors please don't vote it's not going to hurt my feelings. If you like it and feel moved to vote, that's another thing. In the meantime, I'm interested in what you have to say about the movie itself; especially, if you teach creativity at a college level.