My internet is going really slow...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Drodrey, Jan 9, 2010.

1. Drodrey macrumors newbie

Ok I have an aluminium macbook that’s about a year old. Over the past week the internet has been getting slower to the point where it now takes minutes to load google. I’ve done all the obvious stuff, cleared the cache, rebooted etc. nothing is working. We have three PC’s and another mac which are on the same network and all working fine. My little sister, who reckons she’s hot **** at computers, tends to fiddle with things, and I’m scared she’s done something, although she swears she hasn’t. And we got a new computer with windows 7 on it at Christmas, although I don’t know how that could affect me. I’m fairly computer illiterate, particularly since I’m still learning how to use my mac. Any help would be great.

I've tried running a few diagnostic tests... like just online internet download speed tests, but they've either stopped loading or timed out before they could get anywhere... I'm going to take it to my friends and try and connect it to his network this arvo and I'll get back and see if it makes a difference :)

2. darkmoon12198 macrumors newbie

Have you checked CPU usage? That could be some of the problem. Maybe try reinstalling Safari? (Just get google chrome, uninstall safari, and reinstall it from apple site).