My Introduction Post

Glenn Wolsey

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 24, 2005
New Zealand
Hey guys, I thought I would introduce myself properly to this wonderful, lively community.

My name is Glenn Wolsey, I turn 14 in February, and I live in New Zealand.

I got my first macintosh 7 months ago, and would never switch back to Windows if someone paid me too. Mac OS is amazing, and the machines just perform so well to show off Tiger's talent.

I have an iMac G5 2Ghz 17", and iPod 3G 15GB, and an iPod Shuffle. I also have dozens of iPod accessories, and the ALtec Lansing iM7 iPod speaker system.

I write about the Macintosh, iPod, and Apple in general in the Macguide Magazine, MacsNPods (My website), Macteens, NZMac.com, and my ambition is to write for MyMac.com someday, even though in proportion the magazine i write for is of a larger scale, MyMac has a special something about it, that I would love to become part of.

I am planning to purchase an Intel iBook 12", and a iPod 5G very soon in the future.

I am looking forware to getting to know you all, and becoming part of a wonderful comminity!

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Welcome aboard you picked a good time to join up as a lot of excitement will be happening over the next few days.

Comment

Chundles

macrumors G4
Jul 4, 2005
G'Day Mate!!!

Nah, just kiddin' ya. Welcome to the tempest of January, you've picked a good time to join my Kiwi cousin.

Comment

macrumors 68020
Apr 11, 2004
NYC
Great to have you on the boards, but be careful, you will notice macrumors will start eating away at your free time!

Comment

Seasought

macrumors 65816
Nov 3, 2005
Glenn Wolsey said:
Hey guys, I thought I would introduce myself properly to this wonderful, lively community.
Welcome! It sounds like you have ample background to contribute to this community - glad to have you on board. :D

Comment

iDM

macrumors 6502a
Glenn Wolsey said:

My name is Glenn Wolsey, I turn 14 in February, and I live in New Zealand.

I got my first macintosh 7 months ago, and would never switch back to Windows if someone paid me too. Mac OS is amazing, and the machines just perform so well to show off Tiger's talent.

I have an iMac G5 2Ghz 17", and iPod 3G 15GB, and an iPod Shuffle. I also have dozens of iPod accessories, and the ALtec Lansing iM7 iPod speaker system.

I write about the Macintosh, iPod, and Apple in general in the Macguide Magazine, MacsNPods (My website), Macteens, NZMac.com, and my ambition is to write for MyMac.com someday, even though in proportion the magazine i write for is of a larger scale, MyMac has a special something about it, that I would love to become part of.

I am planning to purchase an Intel iBook 12", and a iPod 5G very soon in the future.

I am looking forware to getting to know you all, and becoming part of a wonderful comminity!
So let me get this straight you are 8 years younger then me, you have a better Apple Set-Up, you have better grammar & punctuation and you have ambitions, way to make me feel in adequate.

Comment

Glenn Wolsey

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 24, 2005
New Zealand
iDM said:
So let me get this straight you are 8 years younger then me, you have a better Apple Set-Up, you have better grammar & punctuation and you have ambitions, way to make me feel in adequate.
Yes, I'm 8 years younger; I wouldn't totally agree on the setup part, PowerBooks are wonderful machines, I wish I had one sometimes; I have ambitions,that I WILL complete in the future; and I have no idea about the grammar yet, because I have only been around for 2 days :D

Comment

XIII

macrumors 68040
Aug 15, 2004
England
Glenn Wolsey said:
Yes, I'm 8 years younger; I wouldn't totally agree on the setup part, PowerBooks are wonderful machines, I wish I had one sometimes; I have ambitions,that I WILL complete in the future; and I have no idea about the grammar yet, because I have only been around for 2 days :D
Eyyy, to many semi-colons. ;)

Welcome to MR Glenn.

Comment

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
Chundles said:
G'Day Mate!!!
LOL!!!!!

After Lacero's first post, this may be how Glenn feels.

SpaceMagic said:
Sh*t, they're really sexy! (I'm Welsh).
Reminds me of meeting the NZ field hockey team in a hot tub in Las Angles so many years ago. My lack of judgement took hold, and when told they were from NZ I said, "Ah, NZ. Where men are men. And sheep run scared". :eek:

To Glenn:

Welcome aboard. May you have many happy years here as many of us have so far.

Comment

EGT

macrumors 68000
Sep 4, 2003
Lacero said:
avoid leet speak
What is leet speak?

Welcome, Glenn. :) You've come at a good time. Steve Job's keynote at Macworld SF is TOMORROW. Yay. :D

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.