My Invisibleshield for iPhone 4 is scratched

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by iWeldonJ, Jul 13, 2010.

1. iWeldonJ macrumors member

I had my shield installed on Saturday night and I did let it sit for 24 hours. No bubbles good install. But today as I'm surfing the web with the white background I notice a colorful hairline scratch as I continue to inspect. i notice I have atleast 7 of these. Now my finger nails do need some cutting, and i've been playing archetype which does require tons of touching and swipping and of course the whole phone gets hot with that game.

After searching the web I discovered it's call the "Rainbow" effect.

Any one else see this? I plan on going to the Zagg stand and possible having it replaced or i might just ask for a refund, since there's a 30 day satisfaction refund or whatever.

This was posted somewhere, I thought it would be a good read to share.

I bought the invisible shield by Zagg a few days ago. I had it installed by a Best Buy employee. He did a great job (no bubbles, dust, etc). However yesterday, I had my iPod touch in my pocket. And when I took it out, I noticed a couple scratches-one in the mid right hand side of the screen, and one in the lower left hand side of the screen-on the invisible shield, not the actual iPod. These scratches are very noticeable on a white screen, and less noticeable on a dark (black) screen. And when looking at these scratches in certain angles, when there is light on the screen, it has a rainbow effect-you can see different colors through the scratch when tilting the iPod in different directions or by simply looking at the scratch from different angles. Is there a chance that these scratches would eventually go away? If not is there any way to remove these scratches? Thank you.

2. Dangerdog3000 macrumors member

The invisibleShield has a lifetime warrenty. Just go back to where you got it from, or go to Zagg.com and ask for a free replacement. They should give it to you for free aslong as you send them your current shield back within 60 days. You have to pay shipping if you get it online, the one in store should be done for free.

On another note, I also have Zagg for my iPhone. I haven't noticed any rainbow effect. There is a slight orange peel but that is only visible if you specifically go out of your way to find it. When using it normally you won't notice anything.

The scratches will not go away entirely, but they will be less visible within a few days.

3. rmul86 macrumors 6502

Never ceases to amaze me how many people get burned by these skins...Wait for Power Supports crystal film (no adhesive). In the meantime grab yourself an SGP kit.

4. iWeldonJ thread starter macrumors member

I've noticed the Orange peel I have it, but no sweat really. the scratches are small and can only been seen when reading email and looking through the web pages. They have this bright colorful look to them. They're not obvious but if you look carefully it's visible.

5. h00ligan macrumors 68030

We will see how they deal with my jacked up ipad protector they sent me, so far they haven't been great on the support front.. ironic given the name.

6. bova80 macrumors 6502a

i had this same issue and called them up (after waiting 30min) talked to someone who said they would send me a new one free since it was a manufacturer defect. usually they make you pay shipping, but not since it was their fault.

7. h00ligan macrumors 68030

Maybe i should have called, in fairness i have to reply to an email... i was out of town. Still it took them quite a while to respond to me, they ignored the first mail and took a week on the second.

Or Bova were you talking about zagg or PS?

8. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

Very common with Zagg IS. I exchanged 3 (YES 3!) at Best Buy and finally got one with only the slightest little colorful "rainbow" scratch in the top right.

One had them all over and another had one giant one right down the middle. I'm far too picky to accept that.

It's a production issue they have been dealing with for years and I guess still can't get it right.

I usually use BSE or a clear screen shield but at the time IS is all that was around me.

9. bova80 macrumors 6502a

zagg

10. bobright macrumors 601

11. iWeldonJ thread starter macrumors member

Oh snap!!!!!!