Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ILOVEMYMBP2.2g

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2007
Just used the phone like normal until it died and then plugged it up and no screens show up, its like the charger doesn't engage the charging mechanism?

Can anyone else please try to replicate?

BIGLanky

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2013
My iOS 7 iPhone 5's battery died and wont come back on!?

I habe the exact same problem! It just happened to me today, i have and iphone 4 with the ios7 beta for the iphone 4 everything was working fine and now my phone won't even turn on!! HELP I NEED IT TOO... let me know if you find a solution and i will do the same if I come across one!:):apple:

ILOVEMYMBP2.2g

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2007
I habe the exact same problem! It just happened to me today, i have and iphone 4 with the ios7 beta for the iphone 4 everything was working fine and now my phone won't even turn on!! HELP I NEED IT TOO... let me know if you find a solution and i will do the same if I come across one!:):apple:

I just held down the power and home button for a long time until the phone restarted while it was plugged in! Hope that helps

----------

Mods - please make a sticky to help people that want to "try a beta". ;)

Beta's are fun to try man, thats why I pay to be an apple developer. Don't be hatin bro!

jrodsep

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2010
Are you by any chance using a UDID spot bought on eBay or someother place? Or did you install without having a Dev Account?

boltjames

macrumors 601
May 2, 2010
Just used the phone like normal until it died and then plugged it up and no screens show up, its like the charger doesn't engage the charging mechanism?

That's what you get for breaking the law.

BJ

roymckrank

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2013
Same here

I'm having the same problem with my iPhone 4, I'm an app developer and the device is registered.

This is the second time that happens to me, the first one I leaved the phone connected (with the wall charger not to the computer) and suddenly it worked again, but today no signs of life!

canucksfan88

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2007
hold the power and home button till it restarts

my phone did this too a few days ago...i think it overheated or something...

Sheza

macrumors 68020
Aug 14, 2010
That's what you get for breaking the law.

BJ
Wow.

It's not against the law. In the OP's case it isn't even against Apple's terms and conditions. If OP were not a developer though, then it would be a breach of terms and conditions but only that.

Repeat: It is not illegal.

take your pedantic statements elsewhere.

Javierto

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2013
iPhone 5 died

I have the same problem. I put to charger in the night. In the morning my iPhone 5 it´s complete died... I try for 2 weeks to restart and nothing happend.

Continue trying??? Here there´s no Apple store... or support to iPhone 5

Damolee

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
See the usual bunch of heroes were in again chucking the "illegal" word again.

Imagine if this was a later beta and this bug got through to the final launch on a wide scale?

He was only asking for help.

Doesn't surprise me that iPhone owners are often seen as wankers these days, they wouldn't be far from the truth.

jujodi

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2013
I also had this problem, except I noticed one thing: When I tried to call my phone, it would ring, which meant the battery isn't dead, just in a seriously bad state. To fix it I just left it for about 15 hours (I got lucky it didn't have much battery left) until it actually died, confirmed it was dead by trying to call it, and then plugged it into the wall to charge it, at which point it turned on.

This problem sucked especially for me because I have a broken lock button, which meant there was no chance of holding lock and home to reset the phone.

Hope this helps.

bencallis

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2007
I'm having this issue. When I try to turn the phone on the battery flashes onscreen showing it is empty and to connect the charger, despite the charger being plugged in. Any ideas?

manuel.mx

macrumors member
Nov 4, 2008
I also had this problem, except I noticed one thing: When I tried to call my phone, it would ring, which meant the battery isn't dead, just in a seriously bad state. To fix it I just left it for about 15 hours (I got lucky it didn't have much battery left) until it actually died, confirmed it was dead by trying to call it, and then plugged it into the wall to charge it, at which point it turned on.

This problem sucked especially for me because I have a broken lock button, which meant there was no chance of holding lock and home to reset the phone.

Hope this helps.

I had the exact same issue with my iphone 5 and beta 3, except my phone was fully charged... i called in, and it rang, but the phone wouldn't react. So i took out and reinserted the SIM, and then i was able to reboot it by holding home+power. After pulling and inserting the sim the phone wouldnt rang anymore when called.

Hope this helps someone out!

apollo1444

macrumors 65816
Jul 22, 2011
mexico
it is a common issue on the forums, the phone goes to DFU mode by itself it is a bug in beta 3, see if you read the forums you'll avoid things like this just press and hold home and power till the apple logo shows

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC
it is a common issue on the forums, the phone goes to DFU mode by itself it is a bug in beta 3, see if you read the forums you'll avoid things like this just press and hold home and power till the apple logo shows

It's not DFU mode. It's a lock up.

----------

Wow.

It's not against the law. In the OP's case it isn't even against Apple's terms and conditions. If OP were not a developer though, then it would be a breach of terms and conditions but only that.

Repeat: It is not illegal.

take your pedantic statements elsewhere.

Wow.

Someone is missing a sense of humor.

Devinharold

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2013
Same!

I'm having this issue. When I try to turn the phone on the battery flashes onscreen showing it is empty and to connect the charger, despite the charger being plugged in. Any ideas?

EXACTLY what mine is doing. I NEED my phone! Did you get it figured out?! Plz get back to me ASAP

lovecxts

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2013
my iphone 5 wont turn back on

so i turn off my iphone 5 for a day and wasnt sure abt the battery percentage. and i tried to turn it on the next day and it wont turn on too. i tried pressing the home and lock button and still it wont turn on. i plug in my charger and there's nothing too. help anyone?

killerjen95

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2014
my problem

I just held down the power and home button for a long time until the phone restarted while it was plugged in! Hope that helps

----------

Beta's are fun to try man, thats why I pay to be an apple developer. Don't be hatin bro!

i have a problem with your solution because my lock/power button does not work on my ipone 5 and the only thing that comes up on my phones screen when i plug it in is the charging sign but it still wont turn on

----------

----------

EXACTLY what mine is doing. I NEED my phone! Did you get it figured out?! Plz get back to me ASAP

i had this problem before and there was actually a broken wire inside the cord and had to get a new one. hope that might help you

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.