My IP4 bricked yesterday - STRANGE TOO - To replace or not to replace?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by swoods93631, Jul 7, 2010.

1. swoods93631 macrumors regular

Hi All,

My ultimate question is do I have Apple replace the phone or not. Let me give a quick run down of what happened so you can tell me what you would do.

1) A few days after I got the phone it hung up, only on data, had full bars 3g but was getting the eroor "not connected to the internet". A hard reboot fized this

2) last weekend it blew up my photo library and went into t a"rebuild" mode. Didnt lose anything but thought it was wierd.

3) yesterday I get a text from the wife, I respond, it will not go through. I was on a rooftop so I waited till I got down t the lobby and tries again. Nope won't go through. I check my email, I get "Not connected to the internet" error message same issue as #1. I hard reset, it comes back and I send the text messages fine.

4) A few minutes later my phone buzzes in the case and I think I am getting a call.. I pull the phone out to find it completely dead except stuck in a constant vibrate mode. Noting worked to reset it or stop it.

Needless to say it vibrated with a blank screen for 4 hours until the battery went dead just as I was arriving at the Apple store to get it replaced. They said it was a software issue because I restored from a 3G and reset the unit. I was pissed because the p[hone got VERY VERY hot suring this time and the vibration motor now has a rattle. I made them order me a knew phone as they were "OUT".

To replce or not to replace with the new one when it arrives?

2. TruckdriverSean macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Set up as "new" phone and see what it does over a few days of use. If still glitchy, I'd replace.

3. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

obviously you should replace it.

why keep a phone that doesn't work? :confused:

4. clovis112 macrumors regular

you should replace it.
    the only thing is you might be waiting for the replacement cause of the stock issue on the iPhone 4.

5. iSaxon macrumors 6502a

iSaxon

I would definitely get a replacement device. Hey, if you wait a couple more weeks, you can maybe get a white one :D