My iP4 looks gray. Normal?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by urbanj, Aug 9, 2010.

1. urbanj macrumors regular

I've searched everywhere and I can't find anything.

It's most noticeable in bright light or sunlight but it definitely looks gray compared to the screen when it's locked. The back is probably the same but the dark screen really shows off how it is much different.

I probably wouldn't have noticed except I was walking to my car with my 1st gen iPod Touch in my hand as well (I use it strictly for music) and the difference was night and day. The iPod was black as night and the iPhone 4 was grey.

If they are all like this I'm fine with it. I am just inquiring. Maybe this has something to do with the white model delay in that when subjected to certain lighting it messes the "whiteness" all up and makes it look bad.

2. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

Mine doesn't look gray but it is lighter than the color of the screen at certain angles. At other angles, the screen looks lighter and the body looks darker.

It's not a huge difference and really only noticeable in bright light and at certain angles. I never even noticed it until you brought it up. Though there is a color difference, I would not call my iPhone "gray". I'm pretty sure this is normal.

3. urbanj thread starter macrumors regular

Just so everyone can see. I know comparing it to a first gen iPod means nothing but what you can see in the pic is exactly like real life. Disregard the finger prints and reflections :)

First I thought because the screens were a different darkness it made the iP4 look lighter but comparing black for black the iP4 looks gray.

I'm sure in the winter it won't matter but cause it's summer time and I'm outside a lot it's very noticeable.

Whatever, it's still a wicked phone. :)

Attached Files:

4. Simoquasimo macrumors member

My ip4 is also looks grayish in some light conditions.

5. urbanj thread starter macrumors regular

Bringing this up again because I now have two other friends that just recently got their iPhone 4's and compared to mine which I got on release day mine is much more gray looking compared to theirs. Probably not a big deal but maybe this is the issue surrounding the white ones in that the colour is way off.

6. Injector macrumors newbie

If your phone is working 100% who cares what colour it is?