Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

4DThinker

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 15, 2008
As the title says, my iPad2 apparently has Alzheimers. It knew my router's password yesterday, except for a moment while running FlipBoard. After being connected fine for 5 minutes or so the iPad suddenly popped up a window requesting the password for my SSID. I closed every app and then ran FlipBoard again and it connected fine. I took the iPad to work today where it found my work WiFi and conected fine with no interruption. Brought it home and no attempt could connect to my home router without me re-entering the 64 character password. Once entered though it worked fine for the hour or so I played with it. I plugged it into the charger for a couple of hours, and upoon just turning it back on found it can not connect to my home router again, requesting the password.

Anyone else had this problem? I'm on the latest firmware as of today. Love a fix.

4D

4DThinker

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 15, 2008
For what's worth, my iPod 4th gen did the same thing, only in the middle of me using it. Opened the email app and it downloaded new email for two of my three accounts. In the middle of the 3rd it again popped up a window asking for a password and from that point on lost track of the router's password. I've reentered it on the ipad2, and so far it hasn't forgotten it. Didn't happen to either of my 1st or 2nd gen Touch's or any of my android devices or laptops. No problem with my router that I can see. Suspect the latest firmware update.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.