iPad My iPad 2 may be dead

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Jets737, Oct 26, 2014.

1. Jets737 macrumors member

Jets737

I have an I Pad 2, purchased July 2011.

Does it make any sense to see it can be repaired?

2. vmflapem macrumors 6502

Perfect timing to get a new one :)

3. macenied macrumors 6502a

macenied

It's all about costs. Sometimes Apple repairs at very low costs, sometimes not, depending on the issue. I would not pay much for repair. Check the value of your iPad when you would sell it in a working condition before you let it repair and talk with Apple.

4. steve-p macrumors 68000

steve-p

I doubt it would be cost effective to repair, certainly if Apple do it. When my iPad 3 home button was playing up, I investigated repair via Apple and it would cost almost as much as just buying an identical refurb from Apple. And it's still old technology after you've forked out a hefty sum. Better to get a new one, I would say.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Probably not at this point, I'd say its time to bite the bullet and get a new one.

6. justinTlME macrumors 6502

justinTlME

My thoughts exactly. Great excuse to upgrade.

7. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

Depends on what is dead about it. If it is dead-dead, then definitely upgrade.

8. ron7624 Contributor

ron7624

I can't even imagine running a 2, it's got to be leggy and all the missing features.... You should upgrade. Life is short, especially the life of a 2 running iOS 8, that has to be a nightmare of an experience.

9. Pjrufus macrumors 6502

10. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

+1 on a great excuse to buy a new one. Just in time for the Air 2 as well!

11. g4manimac macrumors 6502

It really is I have the iPad mini and it is SOOOO laggy like I type a whole sentence and it pops up a few seconds later....Even scrolling through the settings will slow you down I still like it AND use it daily but as soon as it can't support the latest its gone period.Im thinking about an air this time since the iPhone 6 Plus kinda fills in that small tablet gap.

12. ron7624 Contributor

ron7624

For sure, the iPad mini one and the iPad 2 are basically the same tablet with the exception of a slightly faster chip in the iPad mini. of course they're both going to be laggy. move up to the iPad Mini retina for the Apple iPad Air 1. You will see almost the same astounding difference that you see in your iPhone 6.