My iPad 2 screen is too bright

Discussion in 'iPad' started by alehen, Aug 19, 2012.

1. alehen macrumors member

My iPad 2 screen is too bright, even in its dimmest brightness level. I can make it dimmer inside iBooks app, but not in the system settings.

Is there any solution?

2. Slix macrumors 6502a

Slix

Do you have auto-adjust brightness enabled? That could be the reason it's too bright for you.

3. number84 macrumors 6502

That's how all iPad 2's are. iPad 3's are definitely dimmer at the lowest setting but not as bright I think.

4. Beta Particle macrumors 6502a

It can’t go below the lowest brightness setting unless an app specifically has a function to dim the app rather than the screen.

What may be useful is going to Settings > General > Accessibility and setting “Triple-click Home” to Invert Colors.

Then pressing the home button three times in rapid succession will invert the screen, which generally makes things a lot dimmer and more comfortable to read in the dark. (when reading a book, I actually prefer to invert the sepia tone rather than black-on-white)

5. Doggman macrumors member

You, my friend, just made my day. I had no idea that you could invert the colors on your iphone. That is basically a new theme for the iPhone. I am no longer "bored" with iOS :D

6. i0Nic macrumors 65816

Turn down the brightness.

Failing that, use an app's 'dark mode' setting or manually invert the colours of your iPad in settings.

Macrumors - solving first world problems since 2002.

7. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

8. GeorgieAcevedo macrumors 6502a

GeorgieAcevedo

9. alehen thread starter macrumors member

I used to have a new iPad for a couple of weeks and It was so nicer on the eyes, since it was higher resolution and backlight would get so much dimmer.

What if I jail break it? Would it get as dim as the new iPad?

10. Redjericho macrumors 6502a

Yes, jailbreaking works. Tweak called Screendimmer

http://cydia.saurik.com/package/com.yllier.screendimmer

It basically doubles the length of the brightness bar, heck, you can make it even dimmer than the new iPad if that's what you want.

If it's a widespread nuisance like screen brightness, there's basically always a tweak for that.

11. Redjericho macrumors 6502a