My ipad 3 feels used

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Wildhorses, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Wildhorses macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

I walked into walmart this morning and saw that the ipad 3 was in stock so I happily bought the 16 gb black one.

This was at 7 am. Came come, unboxed it and noticed a few scratches on the back but did not let it get to me as I was in a hurry to get to work.

Came back and now and noticed a few scracthes on the back, a small but significant scrape on the aluminium on the front side and blemishes on the screen like someone used it.

I'm not crazy and I'm sure most of you inspect and marvel at how beautiful your apple purchases are... but to find scratches and a chip on the front enraged me. My 1 year old macbook pro does not have a single scratch on it!:mad:

Will post pics in a few minutes...

2. MultiFinder17 macrumors 68000

MultiFinder17

If it seriously bothers you, then take it back to Walmart and explain your position. Tell them what's going on, and hopefully they will help you out. If they don't care (too many big box retailers don't), then take it to Apple and tell them your tale of woe. The Apple store folks are generally more sympathetic to plights such as this.

Honestly though, I had my iPad new replaced at the Apple store because it had dirt embedded in the white plastic around the edges of the glass and had several dead spots on the screen. Lemons come around, and it's good that some companies seem to be legitimately concerned about them. Apple is, in general, one of those companies.