iPad My iPad 4 has yellow tint... What should i do ?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by coco67, Dec 23, 2013.

1. coco67 macrumors member

Hi,

i bought an ipad 4 on the refurb few days ago. In fact i was surprise that it was on ios 6.1.3, i'm really happy with this because i dont like iOS 7.0.4, maybe 7.1 will be better.

I don't want to be refund, i just want another ipad 4 with a cold screen, this one is so warm like AMOLED, but without the real black, so it just sucks a lot !!

Should i call Appcare or wait for jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 and use springtomize or color profiles ? I' scared about warranty if i jailbreak because if there is a problem, i will have to restore and go to iOS 7 which i don't really appreciate...

Can i go to an apple store or they can't do anything ?

Thanks !

----------

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

If you're unhappy with the tablet, then yes call Apple and get it exchanged.

3. KhunJay macrumors regular

KhunJay

Bummer..that screen sure looks annoying.

I'd call apple, speak to technical services (they will ask you to connect to iTunes and do a 'restore' and set up ipad as new just to eliminate the possibility of bad software). This is a very important step in their diagnostics and they make a note of it on your case ID so don't brush it off with them.

Also, do note that you might just put iOS 7 on it if you hit restore on iTunes.

Alternatively, don;t do anything...just tell them you did the restore and the same problem persists. So you want a replacement.

4. Oppressed macrumors 65816

Oppressed

5. coco67 thread starter macrumors member

My monitor is calibrated, it's not blue, maybe it's my iphone 4 which make this feeling.

I called Apple care and i have a date in an Apple store saturday. I will show them the problem, but one thing, i don't want to restore and go to iOS 7.

And i don't want to replace with another iPad 4 with iOS 7. I found something like that :

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1352772

My ipad has the same issue. I will try it few days. I hope this will not destroy the battery.

[​IMG]

6. Ladybug macrumors 65816

Ladybug

Exchange it. You paid too much to be unhappy with your device.

7. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Warm tint is the correct tint. The Windows screen is cold and harsh.

8. Shmanky macrumors regular

How do you know?

9. Charliebird macrumors 6502a

It looks normal to me and I'm not sure you're going find anything better.

10. coco67 thread starter macrumors member

I'm going to see another ipad in the apple store today but i don't know if there are other ipad 4 or only ipad air now...

They grey looks brown to me, it's ugly and white look yellow it's only when i'm under 50% brightness, but with 80%/100% it's ok but i only use my ipad with maximum of 30% brightness so it just sucks.

Another thing, i was charging my ipad with wifi, i forgot it and now iOS 7 has just been downloaded, that's another bad thing...

11. patseguin macrumors 65816

patseguin

You won't see any iPad 4's in any Apple Stores. If I were you I would get it exchanged though.

12. coco67 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, do you think they could replace by another one even if i can't see any stock on their website about refurb ipad 4?

13. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

They do have replacement stock in the back. Only current models ate displayed in the front.

14. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...what model was it and how much did it cost (curious)?

15. coco67 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for your answer its a 16go black for 369€...
    I hope they will replace it by another one with iOS 6.

If they told me to install iOS 7 before trying to replace this iPad, can I refuse ?

16. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Take it to apple. Apples great with customer service.

17. KhunJay macrumors regular

KhunJay

They won't say that.

18. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

You do know that iOS 7 will automatically download itself the first time you leave it plugged in, with WiFi on? It will take up 3+ GB; and on a 16GB iPad - that's 20% of your available space :rolleyes:

19. coco67 thread starter macrumors member

Yes but there is some thing to do, to erase this download. I have to put my ipad to itunes and then put lot of file to be full and it will automatically erase ios 7.

20. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

6500K is the native white point for most displays that are properly calibrated. That windows laptop is not 6500k and looks to be 7500k at least...most likely higher.