Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

I Need a Drink

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 14, 2013
Title says it all. My iPad doesn't ring when I get a call on my iPhone, when the iPad is locked. I still get the screen to answer a call, but there it no longer rings unless it is unlocked. It rings fine when it is unlocked. I've checked and DND is not turned on. I've checked Facetime settings, Notifications are on and the ringer is set up. Sounds are on, ringtone is selected, volume is up, silent mode is off. It has to be iPadOS 13.1.2, but I was curious if there were any other ideas or if anyone else is having this problem as well?

I Need a Drink

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 14, 2013
Nobody? Also today's update did not fix the issue. When it is locked and the cover is closed it will not ring.

Richard8655

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2009
Chicago suburbs
Is DND scheduled? It may show turned off, but only because the current time is outside the schedule. DND automatically turns on within the scheduled time, and that's when no ringing might be occurring.

I Need a Drink

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 14, 2013
Is DND scheduled? It may show turned off, but only because the current time is outside the schedule. DND automatically turns on within the scheduled time, and that's when no ringing might be occurring.

Yeah, I checked that and DND is not on.

Have you updated to iPadOS 13.1.3? Says there is a ringer-related bug fix included.

Yep. Checked it right after the update and it still doesn't work.

bugahoo

macrumors newbie
Dec 25, 2014
I am just going to chime in here... don't have a solution myself, but I'm experiencing the same problem as the OP on both my phone and my mom's. I have checked everything... we are both updated to 13.1.3. DND is not on. Phones are not in silent mode. Volume is turned up. Notifications are on. DND while driving is set to Manually. I have reset network settings. I have turned phones off and on. Etc, etc.

Bottom line: The phones chime as expected when unlocked. As soon as the screen goes dark/locks, it goes silent for notifications.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.